Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any New Updates for FSD Beta Users?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Resist

Mar 24, 2019
California
Sure seems like FSD beta users aren't getting many new updates, I'm on 2021.44.30.21 and according to the Stats app there are 11 updates after this. And this happened to me before too. I know there are some updates that don't apply to my version/year of the Model 3 but seems like I would have gotten something for 2022. I don't really care that much anymore about FSD beta updates, because it's not improving fast enough and for kind of a disappointment. I'd rather get an update the fixes this user unfriendly UI.

A3066A7D-39E3-4A75-A935-34FF4A3F9C8C.png

According to the Stats App, there are now 11 Model 3 updates after 2021.44.30.21, so those of us with the FSD beta rarely get updates anymore. You'd think we'd at least get the update that makes the new UI better, because I still can't stand this UI.

Reactions: Skione65
I wish they would update it. Agreed to join the beta program on the assumption they they would continually improve the software on a very regular basis.

Sad thing is, I use it less and less because it drives me nuts. I get into the carpool lane and turn it on and the first thing it wants to do is turn LEFT (I'm up against a wall in the far left lane, nowhere to turn left!). Puts on the LEFT blinker to turn left almost every time. Why? Makes me feel like an idiot driving with my left blinker on in the far left lane against a wall to my left. I try to cancel and it comes right back up. After about 1/2 to 1 mile, it finally turns off the blinker.

It constantly wants to change lanes where there's absolutely no reason for it. Change lanes to the right when coming up on a left hand turn.

Phantom braking is still a common issue.

Plus where I prefer to use it most are on wide open freeways where flow of traffic is commonly well above 80 MPH. Gave up the regular AP that was capable of 90 MPH. Was supposed to be temporary. How long is temporary?

Tesla's beta programs seem to be beta forever. I assumed this was getting us closer to a wide release for all buyers that forked out $10K or now $12K for FSD. No just those that jump through their silly hoops to get a driver score. But with no updates in quite a long time, wondering what's going on with it? It certainly hasn't improved in capability in quite some time. Part of me wants to exit the beta and go back to what I had. I used what I had a whole lot more than what I now have. The only thing holding me back is the thought of having to go through Tesla's good driver crap again to put up a score to be eligible for it again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Resist
Don't be in that much of hurry to get the beta, it's not what it's all cracked up to be. Elon made is sound like it's really good, when in real life it's not. I find myself not using it most of the time because it's too erratic and slow for most situations.
So did you opt out of the beta to remove the opportunity to use it at your discretion?

The reason your answer is NO is the same reason we are still trying to get in. We want to try it for ourselves and use it when we want to, if we want to. No one expects it to work perfectly, but we all paid for FSD and have put in months with safety score BS so we deserve the same opportunity as you to test it whenever we feel like it.

So did you opt out of the beta to remove the opportunity to use it at your discretion?

The reason your answer is NO is the same reason we are still trying to get in. We want to try it for ourselves and use it when we want to, if we want to. No one expects it to work perfectly, but we all paid for FSD and have put in months with safety score BS so we deserve the same opportunity as you to test it whenever we feel like it.
I agree. One of those things you want to see it for yourself. As I noted earlier, and as the poster you replied to, it's still a very flawed system that hasn't been updated much over the past several months. I use it far less than I did prior to signing up for Beta. But, I was the same way, wanted it for myself. If I could easily switch back and forth without having to deal with the safety score thing each time, I would absolutely would love to have my old AP back for most daily needs.

Reactions: Sigma4Life
I agree. One of those things you want to see it for yourself. As I noted earlier, and as the poster you replied to, it's still a very flawed system that hasn't been updated much over the past several months. I use it far less than I did prior to signing up for Beta. But, I was the same way, wanted it for myself. If I could easily switch back and forth without having to deal with the safety score thing each time, I would absolutely would love to have my old AP back for most daily needs.
Same here, the Tesla Vision 80 mph limitation (have a 2019 car with radar which wasn’t using Tesla Vision before getting FSD) is what I really wish I could remove especially for road trips. I’ve gotten locked out of AP a few times accelerating around a big rig where I briefly go above 80. Definitely frustrating in a long drive that I was planning to rely on using AP for.

That said, I’m not convinced that even if I opt-out I will go back to the non Tesla Vision AP version. So that alongside having to requalify like you said holds me back as well since I do want the opportunity to see how it progresses. If they increase the 80 mph limitation to 90, I would have no further complaints in that regard.

Reactions: kizamybute'
What old AP?
The AP that existed before being upgraded to FSD Beta, which as the prior poster noted, allowed up to 90 MPH on cars with Radar. Now limited to 80 MPH and if you briefly accelerate above to make a simple passing maneuver, you get put in AP jail for the rest of the drive. I understand AP jail for those not paying attention and would be fine if it just said you can't go above 80 and disconnected it, but to put you in AP jail for it is too excessive. Penalty doesn't fit the crime. As much as I love being part of the innovation, because of the restrictions, I end up using it less and less, thus Tesla learns less and less from real world use. Had expected it to be updated regularly, but haven't seen any updates in quite some time.

AP could be used on the streets as well, but of course it doesn't to turns on its own as FSD Beta does. If you have the FSD package (not beta), then it will stop at traffic lights and take off when it turns green. FSD beta added the ability to attempt to do just about everything on its own.

kizamybute'

Don't know when you got in to the Beta, but after I got in, it did improve. Yes, it's got its quirks, but I've learned to live with them.

I get annoyed when it wants to move out of the left lane and usually push the blue FSD/Autopilot icon to switch it from FSD to Autopilot. That at least gets rid of it always wanting to move. When I get near my freeway exit/interchange I turn FSD back on. When it's blue = FSD, grey = Autopilot. Best/worst of both worlds. Pick your poison.

>>Phantom braking is still a common issue.
Do you report them?

>>Tesla's beta programs seem to be beta forever.
Betas are always like this in software. Alpha testing is so much worse (no I wasn't part of an FSD Alpha test). This beta is not gaming software, so has to be more robust. Gaming software doesn't have the capability of really killing someone! Beta gaming software also takes forever, from Alpha to Beta to Release can be well over 1 year.

Resist

>>According to the Stats App, there are now 11 Model 3 updates after 2021.44.30.21,
But not all updates are FSD updates.

Teslafi says this is the latest FSD version... 880 M3's on 2022.4.5.21

1649617640090.png

1649618015777.png

Teslafi says this... 660 M3's and 2 pending installs on 2021.44.30.21

1649617209331.png

1649617473658.png

My last downloadable update was months ago. I did receive a few updates in the first couple of months, but nothing in the past several months.

Still wants to turn left in front of oncoming traffic at non-arrow signals. Plus the other items I noted in my OP or still present. Had assumed many of these would be resolved fairly quickly since there have been quite a few complaints on them.

I did get stuck in a 2-hour traffic jam last night, so AP came in handy for that. The only downside, it leaves too much room in front and just invites people to cut in front of you.