Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any New Yorker officially Assigned a VIN in June?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Upstate NY here.

I noticed my Edit button disappeared a week ago yesterday. I finally called Tesla yesterday. A VIN was "secretly" assigned (ie not revealed to me) on 6/6, and my car shipped on the 8th or 9th. I have yet to receive any email or call from an ISA, my VIN is still not showing on my reservation, and no delivery is scheduled though, like everyone else has noted, I was told delivery is probably late June, early July.

I'd say you probably have a VIN.

I believe that all the cars are being staged. When I talked to the inside sales rep, he told me that, depending when I get on the delivery calendar, my car may go to a regional hub 1st. I read this as we're staging the cars in regional hubs until July 1st.

Reactions: robertdesarbo
Same here, Edit design disappeared on the 7th. Today I got confirmation after calling that the car is in transit, and I have a VIN. They said it'll probably be ready for delivery the beginning of July. So if you can manage your patience better than I, I'm sure you have a VIN and you're in the same boat as us, and you'll get contacted next week. If not, you can probably call and get the same info we did.

Reactions: robertdesarbo
ok cool, I figured it was something like this. I called a few days back but all I was told is I had a VIN and to expect contact from the ISA. Its good to hear that they are in transit, I lost the Edit Design on 6/7 as well. Lets hope for a early July delivery, the anticipation is killing me.

My VIN wasn't shown on the reservation page but I got the call. They told me the VIN only shows up a week before delivery after you're through with financing... I had to demand them send it to me so I can shop for insurance. I feel they might be getting burned by ppl sitting on assigned VIN's and not closing the deal