Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any news about the CCS adapter for S and X?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla are currently converting some superchargers in the UK to support both Tesla Type2 connectors (for S and X) and CCS for Model 3. Teh Tesla folk performing these conversions have been seen using a Tesla Type2 to CCS convertor. Presumably, they are using these convertors to test the CCS cables on their S or X cars (the Model 3 is not yet available in the UK).
Presumably, cars using a CCS adaptor would need a software change to be able to use the CCS data protocol - perhaps this is not yet ready for general release.

Reactions: Tastee
Apparently older Ses and Xes require some kind of retrofit service in order to work with the adapter. Retrofit + adapter seem to cost 500€.

Do the Model S and Model X have access to third-party charging networks?
Model S and Model X owners may use a CCS Combo 2 adapter to connect to compatible third-party networks. Model 3 can directly plug into third-party networks using CCS Combo 2 connectors.

How do I know if my Model S or Model X has the technical capability to charge via a CCS Combo 2 adapter?
All Tesla Model S and Model X vehicles produced after May 1, 2019 have the technical capability to charge at CCS Combo 2 charging sites with the use of a CCS Combo 2 adapter.

I have a Model S or Model X produced before May 1, 2019. Can I take advantage of CCS Combo 2 charging?
All legacy Model S and Model X owners will require a service retrofit in order to take advantage of CCS Combo 2 charging via adapter. You may schedule a service retrofit for June 1, 2019 or later at your local Tesla service center via your Tesla mobile app or your Tesla account.

How much does a CCS Combo 2 service retrofit cost?
CCS Combo 2 retrofit service will cost €500, including the cost of a CCS Combo 2 adapter (€170 when purchased separately).

Supercharging

Apparently older Ses and Xes require some kind of retrofit service in order to work with the adapter. Retrofit + adapter seem to cost 500€.

Do the Model S and Model X have access to third-party charging networks?
Model S and Model X owners may use a CCS Combo 2 adapter to connect to compatible third-party networks. Model 3 can directly plug into third-party networks using CCS Combo 2 connectors.

How do I know if my Model S or Model X has the technical capability to charge via a CCS Combo 2 adapter?
All Tesla Model S and Model X vehicles produced after May 1, 2019 have the technical capability to charge at CCS Combo 2 charging sites with the use of a CCS Combo 2 adapter.

I have a Model S or Model X produced before May 1, 2019. Can I take advantage of CCS Combo 2 charging?
All legacy Model S and Model X owners will require a service retrofit in order to take advantage of CCS Combo 2 charging via adapter. You may schedule a service retrofit for June 1, 2019 or later at your local Tesla service center via your Tesla mobile app or your Tesla account.

How much does a CCS Combo 2 service retrofit cost?
CCS Combo 2 retrofit service will cost €500, including the cost of a CCS Combo 2 adapter (€170 when purchased separately).

Supercharging

Great!
Not that i usually need it, but just in case.... i will have the retrofit and CCS adapter soon.