Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any news about the CCS adapter for S and X?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi George,thanks for another EV-CPO slam. EV-CPO loads and treats all countries equally.

Is that why your search has a 72a option which isn't available in Europe and no mention of the CH09 adapter thats ready for CCS?

Or the fact you have US, then Canada then Everywhere else in your search criteria?

I'm only stating things as I see them

Because the CH09 code was just added and only appears in a few countries. I'll add CH09 filtering shortly.

I have the countries organized exactly how Tesla does (see below). I also present data to match the traffic usage patterns of the website. I present the information most desired by the people searching on the website, in that order. It's called basic User Interface design.

Finally, it doesn't take much for you to unfairly take any and every opportunity to slam EV-CPO.com.

I'm only stating things as I see them

---Tesla's country selection:
upload_2019-5-12_9-8-32.png

upload_2019-5-12_9-9-27.png

EV-CPO:
upload_2019-5-12_9-7-59.png

Last edited:
I'm looking into that now, looks like a small change to get it working. Tesla changes things constantly. That does not mean, by any stretch of the imagination that EV-CPO is "geared towards the US market".

Instead of coming up with fake news, how about being helpful and suggesting that there might be an issue I need to look into.. but to conclude based on only that that EV-CPO is "geared to the US market" is nothing more than more hyperbole from GeorgeSymonds.

Reactions: GWord
I'm looking into that now, looks like a small change to get it working. Tesla changes things constantly. That does not mean, by any stretch of the imagination that EV-CPO is "geared towards the US market".

Instead of coming up with fake news, how about being helpful and suggesting that there might be an issue I need to look into.. but to conclude based on only that that EV-CPO is "geared to the US market" is nothing more than more hyperbole from GeorgeSymonds.

I told you the answer to the AP/EAP/FSD issue you had a couple of weeks back pointing out that if you used a different part of the JSON data from Tesla, the one where you had option prices, it was quite clear which was the option code as it had a price against it. You in your arrogance told me I didn't know what I was talking about and that Tesla had changed things so it was all their fault. And you wonder why I don't want to help again?

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: GWord
I told you the answer to the AP/EAP/FSD issue you had a couple of weeks back pointing out that if you used a different part of the JSON data from Tesla, the one where you had option prices, it was quite clear which was the option code as it had a price against it.?

You made a wild-ass guess that an option code that had a dollar value next to it had anything to do with the issue at hand. It did not. Your arrogance is that you think you can scrape some JSON data from the website and suddenly you're a self-proclaimed expert on what option codes mean and what they're used for. Guess what, you're not. As I told you last time, that JSON you hold so dearly isn't even used anymore. But I already told you that, but your arrogance continues to hold that that was the secret key to a problem.

You in your arrogance told me I didn't know what I was talking about and that Tesla had changed things so it was all their fault.

Yup. And I'm telling you again that you don't know what you are talking about, It's not arrogance, it's called experience. Something you have very little of. And yes, Tesla DID change the meaning of that option code after-the-fact. I'm not sure how you can argue that didn't happen, and you, somehow know better. And you call me arrogant?

And you wonder why I don't want to help again?

I'm not asking you to help me if you don't want to. I'm asking you to stop spreading lies, false truths, and hyperbole about EV-CPO. Think you can do that? Or are you just a hater who's going to hate at any cost?

Last edited:
View attachment 406867

Looks nothing like what you're suggesting

Yes, that's because EV-CPO adds functionality that Tesla does not offer -- namely the ability to search for new and used cars across the entire EU Zone, something most EU users of EV-CPO depend on every single day. Something no other consolidator website does.

You'll also notice that Tesla and EV-CPO group countries into the same top-level groupings and in the same order:
  • North America (US and Canada)
  • Europe
  • Middle East
  • Asia-Pacific
EV-CPO brakes out NA into US and Canada based on usage patterns.
Europe is the same
EV-CPO combines Middle East and Asia-Pacific since there are so few countries in each and again, based on traffic usage stats.

But to say that EV-CPO is "geared towards the US market" and that it only has the US and "everywhere else" is at worst a gross misstatement and at best, disingenuous.

Are you also saying that just because Tesla lists North America first, that it's only "geared towards the US market". Please.

Back on topic.

I scheduled a service appointment via the app for the adaptor and retrofit for June 24 (1st slot available!). Was told that the part didn’t exist and appointment canceled. I replied with the link to Tesla’s charging page. The part is now on order and I’ll supposedly get a call for a service appointment when it gets here.

I booked an intervention for the retrofit and adapater right after the news came out and had it scheduled for the next day available which was the 14th of June, but they called me today saying they don't have the parts available yet so that date was cancelled.
They say it should be there in July.

• Helpful
Reactions: gangzoom
I just returned from the service centre in Milton Keynes with the CCS update - first one they have done apparently, cost about £400 for some onboard charger changes/parts and the adapter itself. Maybe first in UK?

Trying it out on the new IONITY charger at Milton Keynes right now - works fine. Slow speed due to high state of charge and cold battery I suspect. Will try again with less charge in the coming weeks.

Attachments

• 7C1CBFD2-EF4D-4083-B51D-4E6518983D73.jpeg
    7C1CBFD2-EF4D-4083-B51D-4E6518983D73.jpeg
    325.4 KB · Views: 60
  • 06C8FB40-E1D3-46EF-81E0-30BCAB72E8BB.jpeg
    06C8FB40-E1D3-46EF-81E0-30BCAB72E8BB.jpeg
    757.8 KB · Views: 51
  • CB667BB0-8666-40ED-943E-D3023D81A2A6.jpeg
    CB667BB0-8666-40ED-943E-D3023D81A2A6.jpeg
    432.4 KB · Views: 59
  • 9766A37A-528E-4EC3-A531-7BBCB6FFFEB8.jpeg
    9766A37A-528E-4EC3-A531-7BBCB6FFFEB8.jpeg
    462.1 KB · Views: 53
I just returned from the service centre in Milton Keynes with the CCS update - first one they have done apparently, cost about £400 for some onboard charger changes/parts and the adapter itself. Maybe first in UK?

Great info, just scheduled my appointment using the phone app - will be interesting to see how the phone app scheduling works!

OK, couple of days with it, and so far it hasn't worked on a polar charger or ecotricity charger. I get the same problem: connects, charge port turns green, fires up then stops and turns red.

Good news is it works on Ionity and Instavolt fine.

I will try a couple more polar and ecotricity chargers to check these weren't one-offs (doubt it as same error/issue) then I'll contact Tesla to let them know.

We are looking to buy lots of CCS adapter + retrofit kits for our unsupported Model S/X in Turkey. Service centers where we usually buy parts are not willing to sell. Looking for an insider (hopefully) to sell us these and maybe register our VINs in Tesla's system? Please DM me, here goes nothing.