Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any news about the CCS adapter for S and X?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, so yesterday i used the CCS adapter and it worked!!
I was able to charge at 44kw and i'm glad it did work, because if it didn't i would have been stranded at 2 a.m.
Never, ever, before i would have needed to use the CCS adapter (always charge at home, my destination(s) or use a SuC on long trips) so it was a total coincidence that a day after i got the CCS retrofit i did needed it.
I'm happy i did the retrofit although i will rarely use it.

Reactions: ACarneiro and .jg.
Ok, so yesterday i used the CCS adapter and it worked!!
I was able to charge at 44kw and i'm glad it did work, because if it didn't i would have been stranded at 2 a.m.
Never, ever, before i would have needed to use the CCS adapter (always charge at home, my destination(s) or use a SuC on long trips) so it was a total coincidence that a day after i got the CCS retrofit i did needed it.
I'm happy i did the retrofit although i will rarely use it.
Is LX Luxembourg? My S is pre-raven from last spring but it came with all the necessary internals needed for CCS charging so I just had to buy the adapter itself. Haven't really used it, just tested it once, but it's anyway good to have it aboard to max the charging possibilites on the road.

Is LX Luxembourg? My S is pre-raven from last spring but it came with all the necessary internals needed for CCS charging so I just had to buy the adapter itself. Haven't really used it, just tested it once, but it's anyway good to have it aboard to max the charging possibilites on the road.

No, i'm in Lisbon, Portugal.
Mine is a late 2014 S, so it had to had the internals retrofitted.
I had to pay 500 euros for that and the adapter.

Mostly - yes!
I enjoy trips. I've just made 8k trip in France & Spain.
The biggest pain in the @#$%^& is the distance in Serbia between the chargers on the highway near Dimitrovgrad and near Belgrade. The distance is 320km - it is exactly my range on 110km/h. It means that I must charge on CHAdeMO to 100% and then drive on the highway at speed 100km/h for 3 and a 1/4 hours with finger crossed for no accidents at all. The other part will be just a fun for me :)

Reactions: T.R.T.e.s.l.a.
Mostly - yes!
The biggest pain in the @#$%^& is the distance in Serbia between the chargers on the highway near Dimitrovgrad and near Belgrade. The distance is 320km - it is exactly my range on 110km/h. It means that I must charge on CHAdeMO to 100% and then drive on the highway at speed 100km/h for 3 and a 1/4 hours with finger crossed for no accidents at all. The other part will be just a fun for me :)

Hahaha, damn that should be "fun".
But hurry up because with lower temps you probably won't be able to do those 320km even at lower speeds. :eek:
Don't you have any option to charge during those 320km, even at lower charging speed?

You might have to get a tow from someone - like this guy in Siberia :)
Зарядка Tesla Model S на веревке, вслед за грузовиком.

Have fun on your trip to Germany - Frankfurt is not the "wurst" place to be, although I prefer Muenchen :)

Mostly - yes!

Just did the route from Istanbul/Turkey pretty easily, driving in ICE speeds to get to Graz Service Centre. For your route;

- Charged at the toll station Chademo right after the Serbian border.
- Gazprom McDonald's at Velika Plana on the highway (don't need the huge detour, there's a way back you need to ask for gas station workers to open the door for you)
- Slavonski Brod Supercharger

Finally got round to trying out the CCS adaptor for our X, not quick but pleasantly surprised it worked even on an old Ecotricity charger, also pretty compact compared to CHADEMO adaptor.

Anyone thinking of keeping their pre 2019 S/X longterm in Europe, its a worthwhile retrofit to get, especially with increasing number of CCS rapids now appearing.

48924428027_8182f041e2_c_d.jpg

48924427822_f352e71a08_c_d.jpg