Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any news about the CCS adapter for S and X?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That what puzzles me is why these pins are different length
DSC_0936.JPG

Any Idea?
DSC_0937.JPG

• Informative
Reactions: MorrisonHiker
This is often done to ensure that connections are made or broken in a certain sequence .e.g earth/ground connected before live, data connection broken before power disconnected, etc.
This..

The short pin will be the last to make and the first to break when plugging and unplugging, if it looses connection then power will be cut.

Its also why you can't use a type 2 cable as an extension lead as this pin won't reach and connect

Sounds reasonable, but in real life, because CCS (and same for CHAdeMO too) cables are heavy and massive and difficult to operate, I first plug the adapter to the CCS cable and then the adapter to the car socket. Means this sequence affect the adapter and the CCS but not the car and the CCS.

Sounds reasonable, but in real life, because CCS (and same for CHAdeMO too) cables are heavy and massive and difficult to operate, I first plug the adapter to the CCS cable and then the adapter to the car socket. Means this sequence affect the adapter and the CCS but not the car and the CCS.

When Tesla installed the CCS upgrade they specifically told me to plug the adapter FIRST on the cable and then plug it into the car.
Of course when plugged in, the adapter locks, but the cable can still be pulled out...