Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any news on 100D uncorking?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

chillaban

May 5, 2016
Bay Area
Sorry, I tried to read through all the uncorking threads and don't think I found a definitive answer: Has anyone reached out to Tesla regarding whether the slight improvement on the 100D performance is also able to be software-uncorked for existing owners?

Everything I've seen is regarding the 75 battery cars, did they do something to the 100D as well that I missed?

There is thinking that if the 75D can be further improved, even ones without the new drive unit dating back over a year, then it is plausible that it’s possible to further increase performance of the 90/100D cars, especially those with the new drive unit.

Everything I've seen is regarding the 75 battery cars, did they do something to the 100D as well that I missed?
Well at the same time they revealed the 75D performance increase they also shaved 0.1 seconds off the 100D’s 0-60....

It’s speculatory but it sure sounds like there’s a software uncork that happened to new 100D’s which begs the same questions as with the 75D.....

Though honestly I don’t care much about a 0.1s difference.

Reactions: JHWJR
Well at the same time they revealed the 75D performance increase they also shaved 0.1 seconds off the 100D’s 0-60....

It’s speculatory but it sure sounds like there’s a software uncork that happened to new 100D’s which begs the same questions as with the 75D.....

Though honestly I don’t care much about a 0.1s difference.

That was hardware alone. I think the 100D could do more because the 75D bottleneck isn't the motors (which are combined to rate 518hp and 75D uncork is 450hp). 100D battery is 400V and so could easily put out more than a 75D. I wouldn't expect a full second but certainly more than .1.

The issue is that Tesla said they needed over a year of study on this (actually almost 1.5 years) before they were confident of no additional wear and tear issues. So I think the 100kwh pack is only 1 year old and will require further study (especially since the 100D is a creature from very early 2017 and the P100Ds probably aren't useful data for Tesla to judge about uncorking).

@chillaban can we rename this thread to include 90Ds? I have a 2017 purchased in June
Up to you — the reason I specifically mentioned 100D’s (ok other than admittedly self interest) is that it’s the only configuration (inventory or new or otherwise) that has an officially improved 0-60 at the same time as the 75D announcement.

I definitely believe there’s some performance corking on 90D’s as well, given what we feel about the P vs non P front motors being seemingly identical hardware.

New 100Ds already are likely uncorked with DU00 drive units and a P1 performance configuration. . Peak kW output is about 430kW... that's about 576hp! I've recorded 0-60's between 3.5 and 3.7, and my data and run logs are on the performance metrics thread. The non DU00 100D's are still about 3.9s, but closer to 410kW peak.

New 100Ds already are likely uncorked with DU00 drive units and a P1 performance configuration. . Peak kW output is about 430kW... that's about 576hp! I've recorded 0-60's between 3.5 and 3.7, and my data and run logs are on the performance metrics thread. The non DU00 100D's are still about 3.9s, but closer to 410kW peak.

I have a new (inventory) 100D. How can I find out what drive uni/performance config is installed?

I have a new (inventory) 100D. How can I find out what drive uni/performance config is installed?
You need to use the API for the performance configuration, but you can look on my Tesla under view spec and in the url it'll have your option codes. If you can't find view spec, you can right click on the image of your car on my tesla and copy link, then paste it somewhere. It'll have the option codes too.