Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any news on 100D uncorking?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You need to use the API for the performance configuration, but you can look on my Tesla under view spec and in the url it'll have your option codes. If you can't find view spec, you can right click on the image of your car on my tesla and copy link, then paste it somewhere. It'll have the option codes too.

I did that, and then found the web site for options decoding. This is the output. Nothing about drive units...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-11-02 at 3.42.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-11-02 at 3.42.36 PM.png
    214.9 KB · Views: 201
My MS is in mid-cork. Being Un'ed as I type. Just waiting for the pop. The nice folks at the Palo Alto service center gave me office space for a meeting while I wait. Sweet.

I just drove mine for 30 minutes. Difference is so easily noticeable. Wow. You're going to love it. Rainy day in Chicago, so my tires were slipping. I'll actually be able to let 'er rip tomorrow (though winter tires will lessen the experience slightly).

I did that, and then found the web site for options decoding. This is the output. Nothing about drive units...
Just look through the codes yourself, the website doesn't have drive unit info. Have you ever looked into the API? With the 75D's being uncorked, there's been a lot of discussion on how to use the API to verify configurations, so those threads may be helpful.

I just drove mine for 30 minutes. Difference is so easily noticeable. Wow. You're going to love it. Rainy day in Chicago, so my tires were slipping. I'll actually be able to let 'er rip tomorrow (though winter tires will lessen the experience slightly).

animated-gifs-champagne-bottles-10.gif

Yeah, I drove mine around some too. Definitely much more peppy. Pretty much what I experienced when I test drove a 90D before reluctantly settling on the 75D (I really wanted the pep of the 90...). I'm thrilled. They also fixed a sticky left mirror problem that just developed this week. The Palo Alto SC gets mega props today!

Reactions: croman
Oh, and the SC confirmed definitively that this was merely a software update. No hardware change. The reason for doing it manually, they claim, is that not every vehicle qualifies, so they must do an inspection.

My Tesla app reported receiving 2017.42 a88c8d5 (again) during the process.

Oh, and the SC confirmed definitively that this was merely a software update. No hardware change. The reason for doing it manually, they claim, is that not every vehicle qualifies, so they must do an inspection.

My Tesla app reported receiving 2017.42 a88c8d5 (again) during the process.

Weird. It's almost like they built a range of cars using two different sets of parts - one that will handle the higher loads, and one that won't. And so the need to inspect the cars directly to see what the assembly line stuck in there.

I wonder what the part is? Inverter? Battery cable?

I am a new Tesla owner and am surprised by the number of people wanting this Performance Upgrade. Really - Do you race your car on Weekends ? Is this car not fast enough for you ? Amazing how so many are lined up at the SC to get their performance upgrade. My 2 cents worth from a new Model S 75D owner.
Hi Josh, and welcome to the community!
Some people bought a Tesla with performance being one of the main contributing reasons. For those that had never driven anything with this much acceleration, it was amazing and clearly more than they had anticipated. But with most things, after enough time, experience, and miles, even that level of performance starts to feel average. With the announcement of improved acceleration and throttle mapping, it's like getting a whole new level of driving experience again. That's most likely why people are so excited to have their car's performance uncorked; to get that new exhilarating driving experience all over again. :D

So any news from 100D owners? I have a feeling there won't be much left to uncork on the 100D. In order to maintain he performance level of the 90D on a heavier 100D the power will already been increased. I would be welcomed to be surprised but not going to hold my breath for it.

Hi Josh, and welcome to the community!
Some people bought a Tesla with performance being one of the main contributing reasons. For those that had never driven anything with this much acceleration, it was amazing and clearly more than they had anticipated. But with most things, after enough time, experience, and miles, even that level of performance starts to feel average. With the announcement of improved acceleration and throttle mapping, it's like getting a whole new level of driving experience again. That's most likely why people are so excited to have their car's performance uncorked; to get that new exhilarating driving experience all over again. :D

Thank You for the Welcome.
However, I would like to offer that most Tesla Owners including myself could not determine the one second difference in the 0 to 60 Speeds vs the Corked version. Typically, the roads here in the North East are not conducive to High Speeds especially in Pot Hole Pennsylvania. A blink of the eye is one second.

However, I would like to offer that most Tesla Owners including myself could not determine the one second difference in the 0 to 60 Speeds vs the Corked version. Typically, the roads here in the North East are not conducive to High Speeds especially in Pot Hole Pennsylvania. A blink of the eye is one second.

I can heartily disagree with this statement. Merely test driving a 75D, followed immediately by a 90D (what I did before purchasing) showed a world of difference. The 75D acceleration is “hey, this is cool.” The 90D acceleration right after the 75D is “holy *sugar*!”. I can’t even begin to imagine flooring a Ludicrous 100D. (Have to do that one day, open to offers!)

I previously owned a Porsche 911, as well as a BMW 5 series. The 75D, corked, was closer to the BMW. The uncorked version is identical to my 911 (circa 2000), with much less work.

A one second difference from 0 to 60 is significant. You can immediately feel it.

EDIT: For what it’s worth, in my original typing, I did not type *sugar*!

A one second difference in 0-60 is an extremely noticeable burst in acceleration, especially in how it affects your 0-45 hustle to change lanes or 45-60 passing power.

I drive in stop and go traffic and can easily tell a difference between my old 75D and my new 100D even when not mashing it.

Reactions: JohnnyG

My wife, a complete non "car" person, even remarked on how fast my 100D is today after she borrowed it because she "forgot" to charge her 75.

It makes me want to hit red lights, so long as I'm in front. I LOVE silently leaving everyone behind!

You notice. Trust me. It's a very big difference. It's "just" one second but since the corked version is already quite fast it's´actually 20% faster.

You don't have to do 0-60 specifically to notice the difference. You can do 20-70 or just 0-30. It's noticably every time you use the gas pedal.

Reactions: JohnnyG