Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any news on 100D uncorking?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just picked up my 100D this morning. I think the consensus of this thread (@Chasedrgc1223 & @Speedr117, and others) is spot on. I think the 100D lays down more power from 40mph and up than it's 0-60 time alludes to.

From the performance graphs, it looks like it actually puts down about the same power at the 75D to 40mph, so it's probably slower considering the battery weight, then I think it lays down really good power, and it felt at least as fast as a P85D at 60mph, although my memory could be off on that. The P85D probably feels comparatively slower at 60mph since it's so dang fast to 60. I have a corvette that runs 11.9 @ 118 and the 100D definitely like it pulls as hard at 40-65mph.

I'll be grabbing some logs and doing some races against my corvette to gather more evidence.

Thanks for the guidance and the advice! I think this car is just the right speed for me. Any slower and I'd feel a little let down, and any faster and it's awesome and amazing (especially if you are racing someone), but also nauseating and expensive. Range is great too!

I still don't understand why Tesla isn't advertising this? ...I couldn't clock it with scientific accuracy, but the manual check with someone in the passenger seat consistently showed 3.5 tot 3.9 seconds.
Perhaps Tesla has done the same thing with the 100D that they did with the 75D, but don't want to put it out there quite yet, lest the onslaught of another wave of owners wanting uncorking would overwhelm service centers that haven't yet worked through the backlog of 75D owners wanting the published uncorking.

Or, at least, this is want to believe, since I just custom ordered an S100D myself for December delivery. I wanted to wait, but not at the risk of losing the $7,500 tax credit.

Just picked up my 100D this morning. I think the consensus of this thread (@Chasedrgc1223 & @Speedr117, and others) is spot on. I think the 100D lays down more power from 40mph and up than it's 0-60 time alludes to.

From the performance graphs, it looks like it actually puts down about the same power at the 75D to 40mph, so it's probably slower considering the battery weight, then I think it lays down really good power, and it felt at least as fast as a P85D at 60mph, although my memory could be off on that. The P85D probably feels comparatively slower at 60mph since it's so dang fast to 60. I have a corvette that runs 11.9 @ 118 and the 100D definitely like it pulls as hard at 40-65mph.

I'll be grabbing some logs and doing some races against my corvette to gather more evidence.

Thanks for the guidance and the advice! I think this car is just the right speed for me. Any slower and I'd feel a little let down, and any faster and it's awesome and amazing (especially if you are racing someone), but also nauseating and expensive. Range is great too!
Congratulations! Can't wait to hear the data you collect as well

Ridiculous they can’t uncork a 90D.

Your car is essentially already uncorked. One person was getting 3.8 0-60's in his 90D (someone can probably do better). Regardless of what the API says, that's definitely not very corked. The 100D and 85D also can't be uncorked, from my understanding, although I'm not sure about this part. If they can, the performance difference is very small.

Last edited:
Your car is essentially already uncorked. One person was getting 3.8 0-60's in his 90D (someone can probably do better). Regardless of what the API says, that's definitely not very corked. The 100D and 85D also can't be uncorked, from my understanding, although I'm not sure about this part. If they can, the performance difference is very small.

100D can be uncorked. Effect of uncorking is unknown.

Might take ten minutes in chill mode. Grin. In all seriousness though it is really helpful to know which of the three levers get pulled and when. We only clearly see the amperage limits in quarter mile runs. My guess is that only the torque and power limits are different in chill and that performance looks the same, shifted by a two seconds, from seven seconds on.

So. Funny thing. I did one quick run on my way home. 55 degrees out. 70%ish battery. 17 miles driven before I did my 0 to 60 using Dashboard. Result was 4.251.. So. I'm curious if the .44 update holds the high 3 second performance bump.

Also. I'm limited to 85 mph. Why I just found this out after 1700 miles is beyond me lol. Gotta call the sc tomorrow to lift this.

• Funny
Reactions: cyphear
So. Funny thing. I did one quick run on my way home. 55 degrees out. 70%ish battery. 17 miles driven before I did my 0 to 60 using Dashboard. Result was 4.251.. So. I'm curious if the .44 update holds the high 3 second performance bump.

Also. I'm limited to 85 mph. Why I just found this out after 1700 miles is beyond me lol. Gotta call the sc tomorrow to lift this.

The 85 mph lock is a setting for demo/loaner cars....