Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any news on 100D uncorking?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just signed up for TeslaFi and my car shows on it now, where do I go to check the perf config?

Edit: Think I just found it, after I clicked "get data" - It shows this: [perf_config] => P3
So that means the service center didn't complete the uncork?

I’m afraid so. P3 is corked, P1 uncorked. I sat in the service centre while they did my car and it went from P3 to P1 whilst I was there. The difference in the car is marked, it’s much much punchier off the line. A return trip for you I think. Good luck with it.

I’m afraid so. P3 is corked, P1 uncorked. I sat in the service centre while they did my car and it went from P3 to P1 whilst I was there. The difference in the car is marked, it’s much much punchier off the line. A return trip for you I think. Good luck with it.

Is this always the case? I don't think this particular change could get more confusing for the average owner. Some cars can, some cars can't, not dependent on VIN (or seemingly manufacture date either). P3 vs. P1.

I ask because I've got a June delivery 100D I'm hoping to uncork. I get 4.25 0-60 times just as advertised when I bought the car. I am not showing the newer drive unit introduced around that time in my options codes, but I am showing P1 on the API from Teslafi.

Does anyone really know what all this means?

SC never responded to my request for more information on this though I have an appointment Monday when they say they'll see if it's compatible. I'd like to be armed with information that says whether it can or cannot be done because of all the stories of SC's declining the upgrade to folks who were eventually granted the upgrade.

Just signed up for TeslaFi and my car shows on it now, where do I go to check the perf config?

Edit: Think I just found it, after I clicked "get data" - It shows this: [perf_config] => P3
So that means the service center didn't complete the uncork?
I finally been able to register to teslafi and activated tesla token. Were do you click “get data”?

I called the Raleigh SC, and they said my mid June 100D's VIN was not on the list, but it is still likely it can be uncorked. The rep said it would take him a couple hours of research to be sure, and he admitted this sounded strange. He said to they would likely be able to uncork it on my next SC visit.

Does anyone really know what all this means?
Mostly. Currently uncorking refers to an increase in torque, max power and/or or max current. We have not found any other changes. On the 100 there may not be a torque increase and doing a 0-60 run you can't see a max current increase, so you only see an increase in max power. All this is documented in the performance metrics. Keep in mind that max power is dependent on State of Charge. Once we get some corked 100 quarter mile times we will know if the current got increased on the 100 uncork.

Last edited:
Mostly. Currently uncorking refers to an increase in torque, max power and/or or max current. We have not found any other changes. On the 100 there may not be a torque increase and doing a 0-60 run you can't see a max current increase, so you only see an increase in max power. All this is documented in the performance metrics. Keep in mind that max power is dependent on State of Charge. Once we get some corked 100 quarter mile times we will know if the current got increased on the 100 uncork.

@Krash your metrics summary is really interesting, thanks for putting it together and maintaining it. Presumably a SoC of 100% will return max power output, but at what point does the power tail off significantly? E.G would running a 0-60 at 70% charge be pointless, compared to, say, 90%. I’m an uncorked 75D and keen to see the best output I can, but co-ordinating SoC, a clear road, dry conditions etc is not easy in the UK at the moment :(

upload_2017-11-21_18-2-59.png
...at what point does the power tail off significantly?...
This is preliminary and not adjusted for mileage but you get the idea from the dotted pink line what it might be. I don't have the raw data that Old Man Mike put together so we are literally putting our collective data on the picture of his.

Last edited:
I have a 100D MS with Vin 197xxx. Delivery was in late May.

I had asked my service advisor a month ago (via email) if my car could be uncorked and I was told no.

Today I checked the info on Teslafi and it shows [perf_config] => P1 never looked at that data before... Wish I had to see if it changed

So do you all think they did uncork my 100D?

I have a 100D MS with Vin 197xxx. Delivery was in late May.

I had asked my service advisor a month ago (via email) if my car could be uncorked and I was told no.

Today I checked the info on Teslafi and it shows [perf_config] => P1 never looked at that data before... Wish I had to see if it changed

So do you all think they did uncork my 100D?

P1 = uncorked so yes.

@MurrayJimW Any update on your ability to uncork?

Yes - sorry. I ended up posting in another thread on this.

Mine was uncorked on Tuesday, December 5. I did not have to use executive escalation; the SC handled the entire process on their own. For the 100D's the uncork is not nearly as noticeable as on a 75 (at least in 0-60 times). After running Powertools before and after the upgrade I gained approximately .1 seconds in 0-60 runs. (from 4.25 to 4.15). My P1 status on the API showed no change. I'm glad I checked the 0-60 times before and after or I would be unsure if they really did anything at all. I was concerned like most that I would be left out of an upgrade due to a list no one really knows the qualifiers for. Having had this done I can tell you that if your car is not eligible for some reason there is no reason to be concerned. You really are not missing much. I know this rings hollow because I'm one of those folks for whom being left out of something most everyone else seems to be getting is just downright annoying, I'm pleased I was eligible from a psychological standpoint, but the actual benefit is negligible.

Had my 100D (VIN 1987.., ordered April, built mid-June, delivered June 30, 2017) uncorked in Raleigh today. Nothing to it and just involved a software download. Service tech confirmed it now has a P1 performance configuration.
It may be my imagination, but it feels like it has extra quickness both from a standing stop and when passing. Woot! Woot! Ain't Tesla grand!

BTW, the sales tech said that the ability to uncork was based on delivery date which doesn't make a lot of sense.