Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any news on MCU1 -> MCU2 upgrades in the UK yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla owners group reporting MCU2 upgrade can be ordered for £2000 + VAT:
https://twitter.com/teslaownersuk/status/1303341245931106305?s=21

We all knew that it was coming, and we even heard here first that a car had been done in the UK which they've not realised. TOGUK also had no idea whether DAB would go when I last looked which we've heard on here it does. Despite all their claims they have the inside track, in my experience its rare they actually do as news breaks elsewhere first.

Interesting, even AP2.0?

if you have the FSD option then you will get the upgraded FSD/AP computer at some point whether it’s HW2 or HW2.5. You can’t have the FSD option in earlier cars that that.

The MCU upgrade has to be paid for but given the interaction of the MCU and FSD/AP computer and the cabling changes, if you sign up for the MCU upgrade and you are eligible for an AP upgrade then it makes sense to do both at the same time

For clarity you won’t get an MCU upgrade free if you get the AP/FSD upgrade and Tesla don’t offer a discounted MCU upgrade when doing the AP/FSD upgrade.

I listen to DAB too much to want an MCU upgrade. My option is a new car.

I've just booked mine in for the upgrade. They said they couldn't give me a definitive price because they're waiting on the price for the tuner part. Does this mean UK will get FM and DAB tuner with MCU2? It's definitely technically possible as someone did a DIY upgrade with the tuner module working .

Reactions: Sean.