Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any news/rumors of SoCal supercharger?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There do not appear to be any plans for a SuperCharger in the San Diego area,even as far out as 2015. :(

I can't understand why. I would like to visit friends and family in SD, but without a SC that trip (to and from SD) becomes a little sketchy. I'm having an outlet installed in my sisters garage so I can feel comfortable with getting there and doing a little driving around before having to head back. Without it, ill have just enough juice to make it down and back. No sight seeing

I can't understand why. I would like to visit friends and family in SD, but without a SC that trip (to and from SD) becomes a little sketchy. I'm having an outlet installed in my sisters garage so I can feel comfortable with getting there and doing a little driving around before having to head back. Without it, ill have just enough juice to make it down and back. No sight seeing

San Diego is a destination, and Tesla's strategy has (generally) been to put superchargers between destinations. I think they expect overnight L2 charging options to become more prevalent, though that situation isn't where it ought to be, IMO.

Even without overnight charging options, though, you should be able to get enough range at SJC to get to SD and back.

Some sight seeing locations might have a level 2 charging station available.
SJC to SD is 67 miles
Thats 134 miles round trip, still leaves you a few miles for sight seeing in an 85kWh model s