Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any non-Performance 90D take delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry if this is in tracker, I cannot access it at work due to the firm website restrictions (I know - lame).

Seems like a lot of 90Ds are schedule for delivery by end of month but wanted to see if anyone has already taken delivery.

Cheers!

Sorry if this is in tracker, I cannot access it at work due to the firm website restrictions (I know - lame).

Seems like a lot of 90Ds are schedule for delivery by end of month but wanted to see if anyone has already taken delivery.

Cheers!
I'm Scheduled for delivery the last week of the month, like a lot of us. Really interested in the spoiler because it seems like nobody really knows for sure on the 90D.

Someone took delivery at the Factory yesterday, but did not post any pics yet. They posted on the TM forum. I would also like to hear or see what the spoiler looks like. Mine is supposed to go into production soon. By the time I get it, it will have been more than 41 months since I first made my reservation.

This is what a new owner said on the TM forum. It is not fixed in that it retracts when off, but it does not respond to speed, unlike what is the case with the P90D . It has only one position while the car is on, and that is up all the way. I also thought it is fixed, but my opinion was based on the opinion of others. We all inferred from the fact that the active spoiler required the performance package, that the spoiler on the 90D did not move at all. Tesla never made any official statement regarding that, and I think even store employees assumed that it would not move at all. Even a Porche Boxster (Not S) which costs half as much as a 90D has a spoiler that retracts, so I do not see why Tesla would not include it, at least with a premium package but likely with all Model X.

Reactions: MrBoylan
This is what a new owner said on the TM forum. It is not fixed in that it retracts when off, but it does not respond to speed, unlike what is the case with the P90D . It has only one position while the car is on, and that is up all the way. I also thought it is fixed, but my opinion was based on the opinion of others. We all inferred from the fact that the active spoiler required the performance package, that the spoiler on the 90D did not move at all. Tesla never made any official statement regarding that, and I think even store employees assumed that it would not move at all. Even a Porche Boxster (Not S) which costs half as much as a 90D has a spoiler that retracts, so I do not see why Tesla would not include it, at least with a premium package but likely with all Model X.

Interesting, in that case it means it has the hardware to change position of the spoiler. So perhaps later with some cash and a software update you get the dynamic spoiler positioning based on speed

Second try (new to posting).
I accepted my 90D on Sun, 3/20/16 at Fremont. Beautiful car, but stormy day. Very professional team, and I was truly impressed with the factory tour, and the orientation of my car. Also the 10 minutes to take care of the paperwork was pretty painless.

Later in the evening, I took the car for it's first Supercharger visit in Vacaville (CA). Rain and all, this car is a marvel to drive. -didn't try out any of the auto-pilot features, yet, but that should happen in the next day or so.
After a visit with our son in Oakland, my 90D greeted us with a "...Display Needs Servicing error...", which meant that the entire screen was unusable. No nav, no heat, no cellphone; no fun....
I hope to have this looked at today. Everything else seems to work fine: drives very nice, speedometer, doors, etc., but to be honest, that 17-inch screen is a huge part of my getting a Tesla.
I am confident that this should be a quick-fix.
Still jazzed!

geepsterz
Reserved 10/2/16; Ordered 1/28; VIN 1594 mid March; Delivered 3/20/16. -nice Bday present!
MX90D; Pearl White, 6 Tan seats, lH, AP, Figured Ash, 20", SAS, UHFS, PUP, Hi Amp.

Second try (new to posting).
I accepted my 90D on Sun, 3/20/16 at Fremont. Beautiful car, but stormy day. Very professional team, and I was truly impressed with the factory tour, and the orientation of my car. Also the 10 minutes to take care of the paperwork was pretty painless.

Later in the evening, I took the car for it's first Supercharger visit in Vacaville (CA). Rain and all, this car is a marvel to drive. -didn't try out any of the auto-pilot features, yet, but that should happen in the next day or so.
After a visit with our son in Oakland, my 90D greeted us with a "...Display Needs Servicing error...", which meant that the entire screen was unusable. No nav, no heat, no cellphone; no fun....
I hope to have this looked at today. Everything else seems to work fine: drives very nice, speedometer, doors, etc., but to be honest, that 17-inch screen is a huge part of my getting a Tesla.
I am confident that this should be a quick-fix.
Still jazzed!

geepsterz
Reserved 10/2/16; Ordered 1/28; VIN 1594 mid March; Delivered 3/20/16. -nice Bday present!
MX90D; Pearl White, 6 Tan seats, lH, AP, Figured Ash, 20", SAS, UHFS, PUP, Hi Amp.

Thanks for sharing your experience. Hope the issue gets taken care of quickly. While I don't have the exact delivery date yet (just an estimate for 3/24 - 3/31) I would like to request a factory tour on the day of the delivery. How did you request your factory tour since your delivery date seemed so sudden? I'll be flying from Los Angeles. By the way, what was your actual reservation date for your model X?

Here are a few pictures of a 90D taken today at the Van Nuys SC. The VIN was 21XX -- surprised it was so high.

Attachments

• 353.JPG
    353.JPG
    612.4 KB · Views: 227
  • 354.JPG
    354.JPG
    502.2 KB · Views: 200
  • 355.JPG
    355.JPG
    591 KB · Views: 182
Reactions: umeshunni