Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any nose-cone'ers tried XENARC NIGHT BREAKER LASER headlight bulbs?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I installed these about 5 months ago. Theses VS Stock have a noticeable brighter beam. I also have my windshield tinted so the brighter the better. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0771LK8B1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 These bulbs say "Cool Blue" but they are white. I very much dislike blue or purple headlights. I installed via wheel well/fronk. Be prepared to have some scratches on your arms when done. Also you can access by just turning your wheel right when doing driver light and vise versa.

I put one of my GTs in tonight. It’s brighter, but in person it’s not as white. I like the brightness but I really like white light. I haven’t driven yet but I’m sure I’ll like the output. Driver side is GT and passenger side is stock.

Attachments

• 90A2C0FA-8419-40C0-8616-8BBE99E5052D.jpeg
    90A2C0FA-8419-40C0-8616-8BBE99E5052D.jpeg
    393 KB · Views: 163
  • 34AC8AE6-C545-45E2-B9A4-3F874B93F001.jpeg
    34AC8AE6-C545-45E2-B9A4-3F874B93F001.jpeg
    412.6 KB · Views: 104
I got them on Amazon. They aren’t cheap otherwise they are probably fake. Once you get them use osrams site to verify authenticity.

unfortunately the price doesn’t help. Amazon intermingles identical products. So, if any third party seller is slipping fakes into the storefront, and they seem to be, you have a chance of getting a fake.

Check them!!

Reactions: BrownOuttaSpec
Both are in and I went for a night drive. I don’t like them. They have a yellow tint as opposed to the white color of stock lights. Visibility doesn’t seem much better. I really want a bright white light!

That's a bummer, but good feedback. On the (slight) upside, a more yellow bulb will provide better visibility in the rain/wet, but I am surprised they were more yellow than stock. Are you sure the car had the original bulbs, or did the PO replace them at some point?

I just ordered a pair of the Lasers from hidconcept.com. A pair was ~$174.25 shipped with the promo code listed on their page. No affiliation - just seems to be the best price right now from a reputable seller.

Reactions: BrownOuttaSpec
Here are the cheap Amazon HIDs. Like the color (pure white) and brightness is good. Let’s see how long they last.

Attachments

• DB355037-1B1A-4B7C-A309-23A0BD8A49E6.jpeg
    DB355037-1B1A-4B7C-A309-23A0BD8A49E6.jpeg
    380.7 KB · Views: 103
  • AD56C0D2-AB49-4C16-8DD3-6D6523DF3353.jpeg
    AD56C0D2-AB49-4C16-8DD3-6D6523DF3353.jpeg
    451.4 KB · Views: 93
  • Informative
Reactions: beatle
That's a bummer, but good feedback. On the (slight) upside, a more yellow bulb will provide better visibility in the rain/wet, but I am surprised they were more yellow than stock. Are you sure the car had the original bulbs, or did the PO replace them at some point?

I just ordered a pair of the Lasers from hidconcept.com. A pair was ~$174.25 shipped with the promo code listed on their page. No affiliation - just seems to be the best price right now from a reputable seller.

Please let us know what the lasers look like!!

Reactions: VaztheDad
I just got the lasers installed. I'll say it was a lot more challenging than I anticipated, as many of the plastic retaining clips broke, and those that didn't had a bear of a time getting back in, even knowing their secrets. I ruined the retaining ring on one of the factory bulbs while attempting to remove the giant "c clip" to transfer it over to the new bulb. Not sure if I did that right, but I ended up prying it off with a screwdriver, kind of rotating it off. It was also very difficult to rotate the retaining ring into the locking position once the bulb was fitted back into back of the projector.

Anyway, enough complaining. On my garage wall about 15-18 inches away I couldn't see much of a difference, though I'd hardly call that a very good test. Color temperature seemed about the same as the original Harison bulbs. I may give them a shakedown in a few hours when the sun goes down.