Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any nose-cone'ers tried XENARC NIGHT BREAKER LASER headlight bulbs?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Regarding the rings, I learned that there are two little tabs on the outside. Generally I could only get my finger on one of them, but trying to rotate the ring using only the knurled part of the ring was an exercise in futility.

I've heard this can be done without removing the wheel, but I did it anyway. Hats off to those of you who can do this job with it on!

I thought I would be cool and do the whole change up by removing the front bumper. Its actually easier and faster than jacking up the car and removing the wheel and pushpins etc... WRONG. I broke a bracket on the light housing and the headlight housing is actually almost impossible to remove without removing the fender. To add to this insult, the plug might as well been welded to the connector because no amount of force or prying would remove it. So I popped it back in, put the bumper back on and went with the wheel removal method. Just crazy.

• Informative
Reactions: BrownOuttaSpec
I didn't go into detail on the driver's side bulb connector, but that was another hangup. I had to pry it off with a screwdriver on each side, but the driver's side metal connector cover started to come apart while prying.

Funny, about halfway into the first bulb, I also thought the whole ordeal would have been easier had I removed the bumper. :D

Weird. Didn’t have nearly any of the issues you guys had. Yes, tight working quarters, but def doable by just peeling back the liner vs full removal. Took me a while to reason out how to remove the locking ring from the bulb the first time, but it certainly wasn’t in danger of being broken.
Have the whole process down to 10-15mins now. Lol.

• Informative
I didn't go into detail on the driver's side bulb connector, but that was another hangup. I had to pry it off with a screwdriver on each side, but the driver's side metal connector cover started to come apart while prying.

Funny, about halfway into the first bulb, I also thought the whole ordeal would have been easier had I removed the bumper. :D
I use these on my model S. The osram CBB.

The color temp matches the other drl's and foglight closer then the laser. The color temp listed is insanely high but in reality it's not.

Not the best video, but a small clip of something

Where to buy:
https://www.amazon.com/OSRAM-Xenarc...e6d9ab3360dda0a71768ab54589bcf&language=en_US

Funny how they dont show the actual unplugging and pulling out of the headlight. The two worst parts.

Seeing as I have taken on and off my front bumper more than once and can do it with my eyes closed.. This will be my approach (I replaced my bumper with the Tsportline bumper). I may also do the black painted housing on the headlights as I think that would look great on a black car with chrome delete.

Just took the car for a drive now that it's dark. I'll say it's an improvement. Color temperature is very similar to stock. The bulbs are just a bit brighter. Strangely enough though, I noticed the biggest difference while pulling into my garage. I suppose I am most dialed into what that looks like, and seeing the new bulbs surprised me.

I like the look of the bluer, whiter light, but additional blue light scatters too much in the rain.

• Informative
Reactions: JamstationP85D
Just took the car for a drive now that it's dark. I'll say it's an improvement. Color temperature is very similar to stock. The bulbs are just a bit brighter. Strangely enough though, I noticed the biggest difference while pulling into my garage. I suppose I am most dialed into what that looks like, and seeing the new bulbs surprised me.

I like the look of the bluer, whiter light, but additional blue light scatters too much in the rain.

Thanks for the review!!

Which version light did you install? I see they have a few night breaker models . What Kelvin are they rated at? Is it 6000k?

I wish we could have the brightness from those with a bit of a whiter light (just a slight blue).

I use these on my model S. The osram CBB.

The color temp matches the other drl's and foglight closer then the laser. The color temp listed is insanely high but in reality it's not.

Not the best video, but a small clip of something

Where to buy:
https://www.amazon.com/OSRAM-Xenarc...e6d9ab3360dda0a71768ab54589bcf&language=en_US
@nguyentoogood - Can I get help to get my DRL frosted like yours? Tried reaching Greg to no avail...
Also, how is the OSRAM 7000K holding up? The 7000K scares me.. seems like it's gonna be blue-ish? But seems like you said it's not... from the video it is hard to see how blue.