Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any noticeable change regarding the M3 trunk opening?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The picture above of the open trunk is the matte black alpha prototype from the original reveal.
The only pics of the new release candidate is the 5 second video.
Hard to tell if the trunk is any different.

The only thing that I could tell was in the lights.
Tail Lights.png

The only thing that I could tell was in the lights.
View attachment 220324

About that "Missing?" part... I can't tell if it is missing or not, but if it is, it gives me some hope. This is where the charger port is on the S+X, and where it is supposed to be on the Model 3. But that would not give enough space for anything but the Tesla connector - or here the Type2 connector. If this reflective part near the rear lights is gone, they have probably moved the port, so it may have space for an CCS connector?

... but looking closely at the rear right picture I so think I spot something red in front of the rear lights? But I'm not sure...

That charge port (if it is) is on the wrong side of the car.
That reflective triangle is - or is not - on both sides of the car. Behind the left one - if it is there - is the charge port.
Supercharging would be, um, problematic.
Not in Europe. Here Tesla uses the Type2 connector, and CCS is a Type2 + two more connections under. Should be no problem making it compatible with both SuperCharges and CCS.
In the US you may be right :p

Any noticeable change? I would say "no'. It looks like that silly glass roof extends just as far back as it did in the prototypes, and it would be tough to make the trunk opening much larger without shortening the glass. But the video quality and angles are very poor, so maybe there's some change that's not apparent in the video. Or, perhaps there's another, different release candidate out there...