Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

any one have CCS COMBO 2 ADAPTER ? it's better than chademo adapter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
any one have CCS COMBO 2 ADAPTER ? it's better than chademo adapter ?

did i need CCS COMBO 2 ADAPTER ? if i have tesla USA car ?
and if i have chadeom adapter ? it's need to using it or not ?

i cant understand it's only for EU car or there is for USA car too ?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-01-20 at 2.49.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-20 at 2.49.20 PM.png
    658.4 KB · Views: 126
any one have CCS COMBO 2 ADAPTER ? it's better than chademo adapter ?

did i need CCS COMBO 2 ADAPTER ? if i have tesla USA car ?
and if i have chadeom adapter ? it's need to using it or not ?

i cant understand it's only for EU car or there is for USA car too ?
Your USA Tesla likely only has the proprietary Tesla connector. You only need adapters for charge stations you plan to use. If you plan to use CHADEMO stations, you would need a CHADEMO adapter, if you plan to use CCS COMBO 2 stations, you would need a CCS COMBO 2 adapter. If you only plan to charge at home, you don't need either.

Reactions: oliver4ever
Your USA Tesla likely only has the proprietary Tesla connector. You only need adapters for charge stations you plan to use. If you plan to use CHADEMO stations, you would need a CHADEMO adapter, if you plan to use CCS COMBO 2 stations, you would need a CCS COMBO 2 adapter. If you only plan to charge at home, you don't need either.
there is CCS COMBO 2 adapter for USA car ?

there is CCS COMBO 2 adapter for USA car ?
Not exactly, but as far as I know, the charge port is the same regardless of where the Tesla was made. My understanding is that even in countries where another port is required, the standard Tesla port is still installed along with it. The adapter you showed appeared to adapt from CCS COMBO 2 to Tesla charge port. Unless there is some difference in the Tesla charge ports or communication protocols between a USA Tesla and another country's Tesla, the adapter should do the work regardless of the Tesla's origin. I can't guarantee this, and I'm not sure where it would be best to research, but my point was, regardless of what adapters may or may not be available, that you don't need a CHADEMO adapter if there are not CHADEMO chargers in the Ukraine, even if it is a USA car.

Reactions: oliver4ever