Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any one know what these might be for?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tonight I was working on installing a rear facing dash cam, due to my previous hit and run incident, and I found this collection of connectors. They were all tucked away behind the carpet in the driver side of the trunk, mostly above the wheel well. Anyone care to guess what they may be for? I don't recall anyone else posting pictures of this set. My car was delivered in December so if they just recently started including the harness for parking sensors I would think it isn't that but i'm still crossing my fingers.

Sorry for the crappy pictures I will get more when I head back out there.

connectors.jpg

Here are some additional shots of the connectors.

The white and grey connectors are both 8 pin could be an Ethernet connection? From the video's I have seen so far it looks like the parking sensors are passive so I dont think they would have to tie into the CAN bus maybe they talk directly on the screens network?
connectors2.jpg

connectors3.jpg

I would think that is a reasonable assumption .... and heated rear seats.
They could be controls for heated seats but I don't think any of the conductors would be able to handle the amperage of heated seats. They are all likely in the 18-22 awg range.

I would love to see the details of your installing a rear facing dash cam. I have become fascinated with forward facing dash cams.
Sure I will try to get something up when I am finished I have a temp installed 9500ci radar detector a front facing dash cam and a rear facing dash cam. All need to be hardwired still but I will be on vacation next week so I am not sure when I will get to installing everything permanently. Today was mostly exploratory to figure out how I will route everything.

The reason that I also picked up a rear facing one is mainly for in parking lots I had someone hit the rear passenger side and take off, the damage was expertly repaired so you cant see anything but I don't intend on paying for repairs again if it is not my fault.

One of these will be the connector for the interior liftgate open/close button for the third row.
Good call... That is one thing I don't have, do you know if there are any other sensors involved with the third row?