Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Options for No-Drill Front License Plate Mount? (2017 Model S)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Desperately trying to find a no-drill mount solution for my front license plate holder - 2017 Model S (new nose).

Torklift's - The Law - can't say if their current version will work on the refreshed nose.
Magnamount has stopped taking orders and didn't return an email inquiry.

So, Tesla Universe - is there anything out there?

My Temp Plates expire in a few weeks.

Appreciate any help, tips, links. Aloha!

I took mine off two weeks ago. It is a new Model S P100D. There are two screws under the bumper. They look similar to what a male torx would look like. PITA to get off. I was able to use a small wrench. Once removed the holes are out of site. They also use strong double face tape to attach it to the face of the bumper for extra support. I had requested Tesla not install my front license plate but the Devon, PA location said they had to install it per Tesla.

Reactions: mkspeedr
Thanks all! I should have clarified a bit more...but I wrote the OP after hours of looking for a bracket and nearly fell asleep.

I've already taken off the stock Tesla front license plate mount. I'm hoping to find an alternative way to attach the plate without touching the front nose/bumper.

The Law works great for my wife's pre-refreshed MS.
But the new sensors and configuration now...evidently don't allow the Law to be the solution.

Magneplate looked real promising but like I mentioned up top, it appears the guy is no longer making/selling them.

If you find the magnet thread...let me know USMC_Mustang - and thanks for your service to the Country!

I've had several cars with nice looking front ends that I didn't want to mar with the license plate.

Texas requires the front license plate, and they can technically write you a ticket if you don't have it (was pulled over twice early in 2013, though I suspect the officers really wanted a chance to look over the car, and didn't care about spending their time writing me a warning on the missing license plate!).

For our new S 100D, I've decided to let them put on the front plate. While it does slightly negate the front view of the car, I'm tired of looking over my shoulder every time I pass a police car, to see if they're going to stop me for the missing plate.

Plus, I plan to put a license plate EZ tag on the car, and not worry with messing with an EZ tag on the inside windshield this time.

At least if I change my mind, I can have it removed, and uncover the bumper without any holes, so this isn't a permanent decision (like it would have been if they'd installed the front license plate with the nosecone on our P85).

Plus, I plan to put a license plate EZ tag on the car, and not worry with messing with an EZ tag on the inside windshield this time.

If you are talking about the EZ Plate deal, do be aware that there are some drawbacks to that. First, you pay a higher toll than if you use an EZ Tag. Also, and more significant, you EZ Plate is valid only for HCTRA operated roads. It will not work for the part of Westpark Tollway that is in Fort Bend County, and it will not work for all of Grand Parkway.

If you are talking about the EZ Plate deal, do be aware that there are some drawbacks to that. First, you pay a higher toll than if you use an EZ Tag. Also, and more significant, you EZ Plate is valid only for HCTRA operated roads. It will not work for the part of Westpark Tollway that is in Fort Bend County, and it will not work for all of Grand Parkway.

He’s probably referring to the EZTag transponder that mounts to the license plate bolts.

I've already taken off the stock Tesla front license plate mount. I'm hoping to find an alternative way to attach the plate without touching the front nose/bumper.

Why isn't reattaching the Tesla front license plate mount for refreshed cars not an option? Or, worded different, what about Tesla's own official front license plate mount doesn't work for you?

Why isn't reattaching the Tesla front license plate mount for refreshed cars not an option? Or, worded different, what about Tesla's own official front license plate mount doesn't work for you?

I like not having the stock mount for a cleaner look of the bumper. So ideally an option like The Law or MagneMount would let me keep the stock mount off. The search...continues...