Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Oregonians who would pick up from factory if sales tax exemption fails?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just curious if there are any other Oregon residents who would pick up from Fremont if SB680 passes and allows us to pay no sales tax on our Tesla? I'm guessing interest will come mostly from Oregonians since we do not have a sales tax already. It's safe to say no Oregonian in the right mind, even if they could afford it, would pick up from the factory and face the additional percentage in sales tax just for the tour.

I would love to make a vacation out of it: Fly to stay at Disneyland for 5 days with my wife and (if released on time late 2017 early 2018) 4-5 year old daughter, fly to San Jose, pick up and do factory tour, stay one more night nearby, then make the road trip home. My daughter would be at an age where she would find the tour fun, and admittedly would be meeting a life-goal for me as Tesla's progress has been front center for me daily since the Roadster.

I have already began saving in case the sales tax exemption passes. Otherwise I won't set foot in California and just have it delivered. From my family alone there would easily be a few thousand dollars missed out on by businesses and a percentage in sales tax for the state if the legislation dies.

I'm wondering if there are a significant number of Oregonians on here who are in the same boat. I'm not necessarily a believer in calling/writing politicians to effect change, but if we can get a few dozen to make a similar statement MAYBE we could sway a senator or two. I have read Senator Connie Leyva is opposed to the bill. Unsure of any others by name but I'm sure there's plenty of opposition.