Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any other 2019 MY reservation holders still waiting for delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ordered and configured April 2019. No changes. No vin. Received a text on 12 June to expect delivery in 2 weeks or less-no informatiion since. Sold my 3. frustrated. Nothing on the horizon. Borrowed a neighbor's car.
Hi Rick, any updates?
I found a customer service rep through one of the model y facebook groups. His name is Mark Gomez and his email is [email protected]. He was able to match me to a car yesterday in just a couple of hours. After waiting since October, and having no success with a delivery advisor searching, I was amazed. He was hired back in October as part of an executive team to improve Tesla relations. Reach out to him if you haven't gotten a car yet!

• Informative
Reactions: thisisdiddy
I test drove a Model Y yesterday. We have two Model 3’s and are thinking about trading one in for the Y. They had plenty of them in stock in Costa Mesa. We mentioned we were looking for a black/black AWD, 19” wheels. The sales rep looked in inventory and said yup, we have one right here in Costa Mesa. I’m guessing the big backlog of Y orders fell apart once the pandemic hit.

I’m not sure what I was expecting from the Y but I was not all that impressed with the test drive. The visibility out of the rear is very limited. The seats are only slightly higher than the Model 3. And the car is not as nimble as the 3. The cargo area is easier to load if you have bulky items. But I’m not sure that’s enough to justify the trade in. We take a few trips a year to the mountains for ski season where the AWD would be nice. But I was really hoping to be blown away by the Y and I just wasn’t.

I’m waiting for Tesla to give me a trade in value on the 3 at this point. We’ll see how it looks and then evaluate.

I test drove a Model Y yesterday. We have two Model 3’s and are thinking about trading one in for the Y. They had plenty of them in stock in Costa Mesa. We mentioned we were looking for a black/black AWD, 19” wheels. The sales rep looked in inventory and said yup, we have one right here in Costa Mesa. I’m guessing the big backlog of Y orders fell apart once the pandemic hit.

I’m not sure what I was expecting from the Y but I was not all that impressed with the test drive. The visibility out of the rear is very limited. The seats are only slightly higher than the Model 3. And the car is not as nimble as the 3. The cargo area is easier to load if you have bulky items. But I’m not sure that’s enough to justify the trade in. We take a few trips a year to the mountains for ski season where the AWD would be nice. But I was really hoping to be blown away by the Y and I just wasn’t.

I’m waiting for Tesla to give me a trade in value on the 3 at this point. We’ll see how it looks and then evaluate.
I totally understand your point especially after owning two model 3 vehicles.
Take my View. I picked up a Model Y performance yesterday my first Tesla.
Boom blown away
Should add a *sugar* my pants warning
Best car ever.
Remember first time Tesla owner
My other car Escalade 2016
Just became stupid car

Reactions: Rg3500
still waiting. Ordered and configured April 2019. Received a "prepare to accept delivery within 2 weeks" notice on June 12th. Sold my 3-(mistake)-no info since then. no vin. Still waiting. Borrowed a car from my neighbor.

It's so odd when I hear stories like this. I got a call from my delivery dude the day after I ordered in July. I have her cell and have talked/texted multiple times - I haven't had to rely on the website or just emails. Wondering if this is a location-specific thing, or if maybe some people have an issue in their account - are all your details (phone number especially) in there? Do you always answer calls. Just seems weird they'd ignore orders, assuming you ordered a model they're building?

Reactions: Rg3500
May 2019. I still can't get any answer beyond "it should be soon now." Been getting that answer for about the last 6 weeks.

I honestly don't really care when it comes I'd just like a more accurate answer. If it's October? Cool, just let me know so I can plan ahead.

Also, makes no sense to me why when I paid $2500 over a year ago, others seem to be getting delivery before me. Sold my 3 6 weeks ago on their promise if end of June delivery.

(Blue PUP, all options except 7 seat and tow hitch)

Reactions: theganjaguru
May 2019. I still can't get any answer beyond "it should be soon now." Been getting that answer for about the last 6 weeks.

I honestly don't really care when it comes I'd just like a more accurate answer. If it's October? Cool, just let me know so I can plan ahead.

Also, makes no sense to me why when I paid $2500 over a year ago, others seem to be getting delivery before me. Sold my 3 6 weeks ago on their promise if end of June delivery.

Unless your price is super-low, maybe just place another order and see what happens with that one. Deposits are refundable.

Model Y LR AWD [MSM, White, Gemini]

Preordered during the event. 3/14/2019
...They called/texted me a bunch of times to buy. Said I wanted to wait for leasing.
Updated my order when the price dropped 7/11/2020
Moved forward with the order when leasing was offered 7/20/2020

Radio silence since.

Model Y LR AWD [MSM, White, Gemini]

Preordered during the event. 3/14/2019
...They called/texted me a bunch of times to buy. Said I wanted to wait for leasing.
Updated my order when the price dropped 7/11/2020
Moved forward with the order when leasing was offered 7/20/2020

Radio silence since.
My god man, almost two weeks since you finalized your 4-8 week order and they haven't reached out to you yet?

I saw a Blue PUP sitting at the Roswell lot 2 days ago. Also, Mark Gomez offered me a Blue PUP a few days ago via email..... I don’t understand why they haven’t matched you with a car. You should reach out to Mark imo... Here is the email he sent me 07/24/2020

I do have this one if you are interested

Model Y Long Range Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive Performance

All Black Premium Interior

Base Autopilot

Überturbine Wheels

Deep Blue Metallic Paint

Full Self-Driving Capability

Carbon Fiber Spoiler

Performance Pedals

Performance Upgrade

Performance Brakes

Premium Interior

Five Seat seater

Mark D. Gomez

Manager

5840 W. Centinela Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90045
E. [email protected] T. (310)755-9404

I'm getting a little irritated personally. Ordered 5/5/19 and still no VIN. Got the text about possible July delivery and that's come and gone. Texted with someone today and they said still no ETA.

Blue / white with every option selected except for 7 seat and hitch (they wouldn't let me update the order without losing my original pricing).

Its frustrating to see people that ordered last month already get VINs.
Good to know someone else is in the same boat, although if we're going on the same timeline, I've still got another 6 weeks of waiting for my VIN???

This isn't my first rodeo with Tesla and as much as I love the cars, this is unfortunately par for the course. Honestly I really don't care if they could definitively say 2 months from now or whenever. It's the whole "we have no idea when" and seemingly random order that bugs me.
You will get the lower price along with ongoing improvements Tesla always makes.

Reactions: db93