TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Any other CDN SR+ purchasers post-budget and pre-surprise $5K rebate? (March 19 - April 30)

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by MtlDan, May 11, 2019.

1. MtlDan

MtlDan Member

Anyone negotiate a pre $5K rebate discount or upgrade from Tesla to not delay purchase, or a post sales compensation of some kind? Seems latter is very rare. I didn't see the May 1st rebate coming and guess I should have.

My story is that on March 23rd a Tesla sales staff member told me model would not be eligible so I went ahead and purchased. I was very surprised, and admittedly disappointed I missed out, when on May 1st Tesla announces a new virtual upgradeable model and the federal government announces that the SR+ now eligible. Why not have announced a $55k rebate ceiling from the beginning? Being an early Tesla reservation holder was not a good thing in this case. AP has literally slipped through my fingers.