Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any other lift kit players aside from MPP?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m receiving my Y at the end of this month and plan on doing an overland build. Just curious if there are people here who can chime in on what they have used for lifting their Y’s and how it’s working out for them? I’ve read up on the MPP 1.75” lift but looking to get a little higher than that. Ideally some info on range deficiency as well as overall ride quality and with what tire combo you decided to go with.

Thanks!

You could pair the MPP Lift Kit with their coilovers. I have their coilovers set to stock height right now and there is still another half inch I could raise it in the front and nearly a full inch in the rear on my car.

MPP is fantastic; I doubt you will find another company with a similar offering of higher quality.

I’m receiving my Y at the end of this month and plan on doing an overland build. Just curious if there are people here who can chime in on what they have used for lifting their Y’s and how it’s working out for them? I’ve read up on the MPP 1.75” lift but looking to get a little higher than that. Ideally some info on range deficiency as well as overall ride quality and with what tire combo you decided to go with.

Thanks!
We get the request for a higher lift kit often, but the limitation is the clearance of the front axles to the subframe. You could raise it more, but it would have no droop at all and ride absolutely terribly!

We get the request for a higher lift kit often, but the limitation is the clearance of the front axles to the subframe. You could raise it more, but it would have no droop at all and ride absolutely terribly!

Okay! So if I did decide to purchase your coilovers with the lift kit I can potentially exceed a 2” lift while maintaining overall good ride quality? Has this been done before? Lastly, I’m hoping to be able to stuff some 30” on there. I’m thinking with minimum of 2” of additional clearance it should be feasible. Any additional info would be appreciated. Thanks!

Okay! So if I did decide to purchase your coilovers with the lift kit I can potentially exceed a 2” lift while maintaining overall good ride quality? Has this been done before? Lastly, I’m hoping to be able to stuff some 30” on there. I’m thinking with minimum of 2” of additional clearance it should be feasible. Any additional info would be appreciated. Thanks!
Tires above 29.5" will rub inside the wheel wells when you make tight maneuvers, so I would stick to that diameter or less. Our coilovers have a maximum ride height that is just a few millimeters above the stock Model Y Performance. This means when combined with the lift kit, you'd get just a bit higher than the lift kit alone on a MYP, but a bit less than the lift kit alone on a MYLR.

A local shop to where I live had a MY owner pay them to iteratively and empirically try the largest diameter they could avoiding rubbing. 245/60 18 on wheels with 35mm offset was the best they could do.
I have the MPP lift kit, adjustable camber arms, stock shocks and these larger wheels and tires. Sorry for the terrible pictures

Attachments

• B719F289-8F9D-4C6F-8E1A-0DC41FADEF26.jpeg
    B719F289-8F9D-4C6F-8E1A-0DC41FADEF26.jpeg
    986.9 KB · Views: 2,503
  • FA8F8A32-74EA-45AF-B5EE-5BA97894CFBC.jpeg
    FA8F8A32-74EA-45AF-B5EE-5BA97894CFBC.jpeg
    655.5 KB · Views: 502
  • 5345D7F0-3C7A-41BD-A2BC-CECA7BD09F2A.jpeg
    5345D7F0-3C7A-41BD-A2BC-CECA7BD09F2A.jpeg
    433 KB · Views: 449
  • B4D78755-BB42-40E6-9534-883B57E7B0FD.jpeg
    B4D78755-BB42-40E6-9534-883B57E7B0FD.jpeg
    641 KB · Views: 460
A local shop to where I live had a MY owner pay them to iteratively and empirically try the largest diameter they could avoiding rubbing. 245/60 18 on wheels with 35mm offset was the best they could do.
I have the MPP lift kit, adjustable camber arms, stock shocks and these larger wheels and tires. Sorry for the terrible pictures
Thanks for the details! Seems right on par with what MPP was stating at 29 1/2” being the max. Now I know where to begin. Thank you all for the info. Delivery is in 2 days!

Reactions: MountainPass
Which tires do you ride and how much ground clearance do you have now?

Continental CrossContact LX25,
245/60 R18
(Note- i don’t have space-time-energy to have two sets of tires so this is a good all season balance for me. They seem quieter than OEM but maybe it’s placebo effect, or maybe it’s that i’m driving like grandma obsessing over my SafetyScore this week).

Wheels are 18x8.5 +35mm (Rotary forged Black Rhino ). I could have used a model 3 aero wheels too. new wheels are lighter than OEM, but tires are more heavy and they balance each other out.

Here’s my before and after wheels and tires on WillTheyFit. wheels and tires add 0.75” (19.5mm), plus minus some squishiness i guess.

Add the MPP Lift Kit 1.75” for a theoretical 2.5” rise. it is quite noticeable- i need to scoot “up” onto my seat when getting in the car, and i am 6’ tall.
Added the MPP Arrastradero adjustable camber arms to keep rear camber at a good angle.

Tesla advertises the default clearance as 6.6 inches which I doubt. i’m kicking myself for not having measured it empirically before the changes to have true before after measurements. Show me a picture of a measurement you want me to take and will happily replicate it. Note my baseline is a MY AWD with Gemini.

245/60 R18
(Note- i don’t have space-time-energy to have two sets of tires so this is a good all season balance for me. They seem quieter than OEM but maybe it’s placebo effect, or maybe it’s that i’m driving like grandma obsessing over my SafetyScore this week).

Wheels are 18x8.5 +35mm (Rotary forged Black Rhino ). I could have used a model 3 aero wheels too. new wheels are lighter than OEM, but tires are more heavy and they balance each other out.

Here’s my before and after wheels and tires on WillTheyFit. wheels and tires add 0.75” (19.5mm), plus minus some squishiness i guess.

Add the MPP Lift Kit 1.75” for a theoretical 2.5” rise. it is quite noticeable- i need to scoot “up” onto my seat when getting in the car, and i am 6’ tall.
Added the MPP Arrastradero adjustable camber arms to keep rear camber at a good angle.

Tesla advertises the default clearance as 6.6 inches which I doubt. i’m kicking myself for not having measured it empirically before the changes to have true before after measurements. Show me a picture of a measurement you want me to take and will happily replicate it. Note my baseline is a MY AWD with Gemini.
I’m curious to see if that would’ve fit without the lift kit. Looks like there is a lot more than 1.75 inches of space. I have a performance model and don’t really need a higher car but want all terrain tires on it.

I’m curious to see if that would’ve fit without the lift kit. Looks like there is a lot more than 1.75 inches of space. I have a performance model and don’t really need a higher car but want all terrain tires on it.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ no idea. I can check the geometry when i see the car.
I personally thought AT style tires (like Toyo open country, falken wildpeak , Yokohama g015 ish) looked great but not worth the efficiency or noise.

Reactions: jpy1980
245/60 R18

great setup you have the car i want basically hah... isnt your speedometer off now, though?

edit: oh i see your about 5% off according to your link.. not bad!

how is your range/efficiency before / after / presently ?

great setup you have the car i want basically hah... isnt your speedometer off now, though?

edit: oh i see your about 5% off according to your link.. not bad!

how is your range/efficiency before / after / presently ?
I would guess a 5% ish from the norm, as expected. Other than that not noticeable but I’m not scientific about it. This is in Seattle in a rainy and windy week, over 431 miles.

A nice surprise is that it seems that the car does a lot of its calculations based on the measured kWh/mi, which means that the energy burndown chart and a bunch of other stats are acccurate

Attachments

• 24774865-31B0-4F87-B935-9FB947E692AC.jpeg
    24774865-31B0-4F87-B935-9FB947E692AC.jpeg
    181.3 KB · Views: 459
I would guess a 5% ish from the norm, as expected. Other than that not noticeable but I’m not scientific about it. This is in Seattle in a rainy and windy week, over 431 miles.

A nice surprise is that it seems that the car does a lot of its calculations based on the measured kWh/mi, which means that the energy burndown chart and a bunch of other stats are acccurate
is the efficiency calculated from the speedometer / odometer or gps? if odometer then you can probably add 5% to the effiency, right?

is the efficiency calculated from the speedometer / odometer or gps? if odometer then you can probably add 5% to the effiency, right?
I don’t have the code, but everything seems to say it’s odometer. Therefore yes, one would expect the number to go up by 5% as each “mile” is 5/% physically longer to the car.

Reactions: gt2690b