TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Any other P85D owners not get the firmware 2.9.40 update yet?

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Law&Disorder, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Law&Disorder

Law&Disorder Member

Still waiting on mine and I usually receive updates the same day they are pushed. Strange. Yes, I'm connected to WiFi at night and yes, I'm sure I own a P85D :biggrin:

2. trils0n

trils0n 2013 P85

Rollout for any given (non-safety critical) update can be months. No surprise you didn't get it right away. Just have to wait.

3. anxman

anxman Member

I haven't -- I have an early VIN P85D.

4. Branzo90D

Branzo90D Salt and Pepper

P90DL here. No joy as of yet.

5. cynix

cynix Member

I've never received any minor updates. The only updates I've ever received were from 6.1 to 6.2, and 6.2 to 7.0. Never received any of the myriads of builds within the same version number.

6. wonko

wonko Member

I received it today. No obvious changes found yet. Did not try launch control on my 19" winter wheels.

7. MikeBur

MikeBur ManualPilot

The firmware tracker created by Hank is perfect to answer this question. Using it, and also submitting when you receive new updates, helps here.

ie go to Tesla Firmware Upgrade Tracker Web App (login if necessary), select "View Reports" select "full data extract", sort by build to get all the .40s at top of list, look and see that >90% of this update are installed at SC. 2 OTA (3G) reported today, so maybe this is just starting to broaden.

That help?

8. DoctorV8

DoctorV8 Member

Still waiting here too.........

9. AWDtsla

AWDtsla Active Member

OTA?

10. AllenWong

AllenWong Member

Early P85D VIN here as well. Haven't received any updates for the past month or so. I really hope they fix some bugs with my car. Ever since 7.0 came out, my GPS navigation has been acting weirdly. There's no blue lines for the navigation in the big map, but it shows up in the small map behind the steering wheel.

And yesterday, my Tesla tried to kill me for the first time. I had autopilot engaged while on an interstate in the right most lane in the middle of the night. There was a big truck in front of me possibly blocking the view of the traffic lines near it. The right traffic line separates to the right to leave for an exit. My Tesla steers right a bit and then realizes that it was only an exit and not the road curving. So it decides to steer me to the left back to middle of the lane. But then it kept steering me to the left without stopping and steered me directly into the lane to the left and past the traffic line in a very quick way. A large pick-up truck was in that lane when it was turning my steering wheel into that lane. The pick-up truck had to slam its brakes and swerve away from me to prevent the collision. My Tesla starts beeping loudly with the collision warning. Luckily I turned back to the right lane in time to prevent the accident from happening. The car always seems to have problems when driving on the right-most lane on a highway when the highway exits. But this was the first time it tried to change lanes on me without me telling it to. Plus the road was straight when it happened, and it had no reason to turn my wheel to the left.

11. mkspeedr

mkspeedr Member

My dad's Dec 14 P85D still has no update. The guy is responsible for buying 3 Teslas and his Tesla does not have the new software and his sunroof leaks. I hope to get both of those things fixed or there will not be a fourth P90D model X.

12. DDarrow

DDarrow Member

This update is not being pushed OTA. You'll have to visit a service center if you want it before the next more significant OTA.

Had this confirmed by a few different people at Tesla.

13. AWDtsla

AWDtsla Active Member

Not worth bothering Tesla for, imho. Although I think they fixed my rain sensing wipers...

14. gizmoboy

gizmoboy Member

There's some newer update than 2.9.40 (which I have); had a tech come out to fix my car today and he said a new one came out yesterday so he threw it on my car (will download tonight, but I'm a little nervous that the restrictions on AP are in it, so I'm thinking I might wait...)

15. MikeBur

MikeBur ManualPilot

Definitely addressed auto sensing aspect in .12, and hearing seems lot better. Even range mode is tolerable from cold.

for those in colder climes, I'm surprised it hasn't gone wider yet with OTA updates, though maybe holding back for Christmas present? ;-)

16. gizmoboy

gizmoboy Member

2.9.68 was installed tonight. Not sure what's different because it looks like the full 7.0 release notes again.

17. DDarrow

DDarrow Member

Had 2.9.68 installed on my car (p85d) yesterday. Immediately started having weird issues. Totally random airbag light, that when it kicks on will disable CC or AP, and pops up a message on the instrument panel that says something to the effect that CC is disabled because driver's seat belt is unbuckled. Of course seat belt is actually buckled, and yet the funny thing is that the seatbelt light doesn't even come on. Texted my local tech, and he figured it was just a glitch with the install process, so he pushed it to the car again. I just got done reinstalling, and still the same issues. Just FYI.

18. NorCalSJ

NorCalSJ Member

still waiting...

19. ifung90

ifung90 Member

me neither. i received my P85D in october this year and i don't have the new update.

20. Greggmarks

Greggmarks Member

I have not received yet either.