TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Any Other Performance Models?

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Carlos Danger, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Carlos Danger

Carlos Danger Member

Is the only Performance model currently offered the P100D? There isn't a P90D anymore?
    I was thinking of upgrading from a 2013 P85 but I don't want the lesser performance. Range is not the most important feature to me. On the other hand, the P100D is priced outside of my limits.

2. CraZ8

CraZ8 Member

Buy a CPO. You may not get the exact car you want or autopilot 2.0 but there certainly is enough inventory for plenty of choices at a good price. You of all people should be pretty familiar with looking for stuff on the internet.

3. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight No Roads

#3 HankLloydRight, Feb 6, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
    I just "upgraded" from a 2013 P85+ VIN 15xxx to a late 2014 P85D VIN P63xxx and it's like driving two completely different cars.

I may be biased, but I think the price points of the P85Ds (CPO or private sales) delivers the best bang-for-the-buck for a Performance Model S.

4. Gizmotoy

Gizmotoy Active Member

2013?

5. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight No Roads

Oops. yes. fixed, thanks

6. Carlos Danger

Carlos Danger Member

I'm confused. You went from a 2015 P85+ to a 2014 P85D and the performance was that much better? Because of the dual motors? I thought the +, when it was offered, was the best performing Model S?

7. Indpowr

Indpowr Member

420hp vs 691hp slight difference (and thats without L)

• Like x 1
  8. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight No Roads

I went from a 2013 P85+ -- it was a typo that I fixed hours ago.