Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any other Y owners put a deposit on a Lyriq?

Just like I put $100 down on my Y on somewhat of a whim, I've now done the same on a Lyriq AWD. Assuming Cadillac can deliver on the promise next year, it offers an awful lot of car for the money. While the size is more comparable to a Y, the features are more on par with an S or X and even exceed in some cases. I know the looks are subjective, but it's growing on me. Looks like an edgier and more modern F-Pace or Velar. And the interior and tech both look pretty amazing.

No plans to sell the Y anytime soon as the Lyriq would actually be replacing a Range Rover Sport. And not trying to turn this into a Model Y vs. Lyriq thread. They are both amazing vehicles.

Tam

Nov 25, 2012
Visalia, CA
...Lyriq...

I am hesitant to switch brands because of

1) Range
2) Supercharger
3) General Autopilot that works on most roads and not just highways only.

However, once GM will sell Ultra Cruise, I will certainly switch brands because GM's systems are not beta, they are production quality and I don't need to pay and jump hoops of Safety Score the wait to become a beta tester.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC