Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any other Y owners put a deposit on a Lyriq?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just like I put $100 down on my Y on somewhat of a whim, I've now done the same on a Lyriq AWD. Assuming Cadillac can deliver on the promise next year, it offers an awful lot of car for the money. While the size is more comparable to a Y, the features are more on par with an S or X and even exceed in some cases. I know the looks are subjective, but it's growing on me. Looks like an edgier and more modern F-Pace or Velar. And the interior and tech both look pretty amazing.

No plans to sell the Y anytime soon as the Lyriq would actually be replacing a Range Rover Sport. And not trying to turn this into a Model Y vs. Lyriq thread. They are both amazing vehicles.

...Lyriq...

I am hesitant to switch brands because of

1) Range
2) Supercharger
3) General Autopilot that works on most roads and not just highways only.

However, once GM will sell Ultra Cruise, I will certainly switch brands because GM's systems are not beta, they are production quality and I don't need to pay and jump hoops of Safety Score the wait to become a beta tester.

I have owned a 2022 MY for 11 months now and have an order in the system for a 2024 Lyriq. The prices recently came out for the 2024 Lyriq with the base price similar to the 2023 but with less standard features. For example super cruise was standard on the 2023 but now only comes with a upgrade package on the 2024. It appears there is effectily a $6K price increase for a similarly equipped 2024. Also, I talked to my local dealer and they want a $2.5K market adjustment plus another $2.8K for mandatory dealer installed options that amount to nothing more than door edge guards and a wax job. This would push the price up to just under $80 for the configuration I would want (e.g., AWD, super cruise, sport trim, ext. color, etc.) and over $80K when you add for taxes, title, etc. While I suspect the Lyriq will have a better user interface than MY, a more comfortable ride and will in reality have equal, or most likely longer, actual EV range then my MY=LR (i.e., GM's EPA range testing method yields range numbers that are close to real world range while Tesla's EPA testing method overstates real world range by about 15%). I'll most likely cancel my order for the Lyriq (but I would like to test drive one) and look again in a couple of years when prices settle down and there will be a wider selection of EV that can be purchased at no more then MSRP.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tuner4life