Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Owners in the St Louis area?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I live in NE Tennessee and have been mildly trying to sell my Roadster 1.5/2.0 Roadster 1.5/3.0 for sale and a Nick from St. Louis flew out to look the car over and give it a test drive. This was his first time seeing a Roadster and they are as you might say on the tiny side :). He has some concerns if his wife would like getting in and out. To save him a 600 miles trip is there anyone in the St. Louis area with a Roadster who would let Nick and his wife get in? Nick is a great and a fun guy and I assume his wife is similar. I would appreciate the favor if you are willing to let a semi stranger sit in your car. Thank you

Reactions: IdaX
@Matteni...I'm not sure ANYONE likes getting in and out of the roadster...it is not the "fun" part of ownership or the ride... :)

My wife doesn't mind the getting in/out of the roadster any more than anyone else, but the issue is the visibility of the car to other drivers on the road. This is the concern she has with me driving it.

If not a roadster, you might look around for a Lotus or other similar small sportscar. The roadster is not unique to the "small" stature so getting the feel of the size should be easy.

Good luck with your pursuit....

Reactions: dhrivnak
I found some YouTube videos on another thread showing some very pretty younger women including a Tesla employee slinking in and out easily

I'm not sure it's to my advantage to show off these women getting in and out because one day she'll have to try it on her own and then I might make her feel terrible or imply that I I wish she was more like them

Other problem is we currently have BMW 335i hardtop convertible that she loves to drive and is easy to get in and out of

We also can take the dog in the back and have a pretty large trunk

Obviously I vastly prefer the Roadster for so many reasons but part of me is doing this so the two of us can have some fun together and not just for a personal car

I had also thought about the Elise but I've heard that it is even harder to get in and out of

I thought maybe if someone had one nearby and she could practice a few times that would be better than showing up after already purchasing it and her having a bad experience right off the bat