Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any owners of Galaxy S20 FE 5G/Phone key reliability?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all,

Any Tesla owners here has the Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G? Does the phone key works 99% of the time for you all?

I am having myself to physically use the app to unlock the door sometimes, not something that I do at all with my older Galaxy S10+.

I have already tried re-pairing the phone, but it's doing the same thing. Anything else that I can try to make it work better?

I have an S20, and sometimes it doesn't open the door unless I have the screen on. I think it has something to do with battery optimization and the phone automatically turning off bluetooth.

I have an S20, and sometimes it doesn't open the door unless I have the screen on. I think it has something to do with battery optimization and the phone automatically turning off bluetooth.

I second checking the battery opt. As that was my issue (on my galaxy s10), the same thing was causing podcasts to seemingly randomly stop but was actually the phone putting the background apps to sleep.

It looks like there's an option for "Optimize battery usage" and it was turned on for the Tesla app, I turned it off for now. I will give an update in a few days to see if it's working better.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but as a newish Model3 owner with a Samsung Galaxy s20+ Phone I am also experiencing phone key reliability issues. As long as I remember to hit the lock button (to wake it up I guess) before approaching it works consistently every time. I have already disabled putting apps to sleep, allowed background data usage for the app. The notification is up on the screen... Not sure what else to check. Any other thoughts/ideas/suggestions?

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but as a newish Model3 owner with a Samsung Galaxy s20+ Phone I am also experiencing phone key reliability issues. As long as I remember to hit the lock button (to wake it up I guess) before approaching it works consistently every time. I have already disabled putting apps to sleep, allowed background data usage for the app. The notification is up on the screen... Not sure what else to check. Any other thoughts/ideas/suggestions?

You might have to disable "optimize battery usage". You may have to look deeper into the settings however, took me a while to find that out.

Fixed this for myself awhile ago and followed all the battery optimization settings everyone suggests with no luck.

The thing that actually fixed it for me was even more basic. I had issues when my phone was that I kept my phone in my back pocket. When I put it in my front pocket, it works 99% of the time (twice over 1500 km, i've had to press the handle bar 2-3 times before it opened).

The car is surprisingly sensitive to how close the phone needs to be to work as intended.

Reactions: Magstauk