Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any owners that have owned both the black and the white interiors? Have questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So originally I never considered white since I didn’t care for the white look. But after reading these forums I do see a lot of people who went with black interior regretting their choices.

A few questions:
1) Does the white interior feel too bright?
2) If you own both interiors, is there one you prefer more?
3) Does the novelty of the white interior wear off?

I’m slightly leaning black interior because it’s more cozy feeling. But I looked at used teslas (just to see how the interiors hold up over time) and the black looked way more wrinkled and the white looked a lot better.

So now I’m on the fence haha. I do like that it makes your car unique and more luxurious.

Reactions: Maric
We have a 2020 Y (white paint, black interior) and a 2021 3 (white paint, white interior). Neither is showing any sign of wear and in fact the red pen marks wiped off the seat with a quick swipe of a baby wipe! I prefer the novelty of the white interior and discussion of the "woah, white seats...gonna be hard to keep clean" comments, but the black is indeed a more "cozy" with the alcantara door inserts and "woodgrain" dash strip.

Reactions: lawmangr
We have a 2020 Y (white paint, black interior) and a 2021 3 (white paint, white interior). Neither is showing any sign of wear and in fact the red pen marks wiped off the seat with a quick swipe of a baby wipe! I prefer the novelty of the white interior and discussion of the "woah, white seats...gonna be hard to keep clean" comments, but the black is indeed a more "cozy" with the alcantara door inserts and "woodgrain" dash strip.
Does the white interior feel softer to you?

Reactions: 101dals
So originally I never considered white since I didn’t care for the white look. But after reading these forums I do see a lot of people who went with black interior regretting their choices.

A few questions:

I’m slightly leaning black interior because it’s more cozy feeling. But I looked at used teslas (just to see how the interiors hold up over time) and the black looked way more wrinkled and the white looked a lot better.

So now I’m on the fence haha. I do like that it makes your car unique and more luxurious.
I have had nothing but black interior/exterior for the last 20 years. I was going to stay the course when ordering my M3P but my 15 yo son asked me to configure it with white interior and told me that was the way to go. I hesitated for several days before deciding to make the change, I am THRILLED with the white interior, ZERO REGRETS!

Reactions: Subie2M3
If I got white interior, I would probably do red on white, blue on white, or white/white

Reactions: 101dals
I love my white interior, but I will say the white dash glare was annoying when I tinted the windows. So, I put on alcantara dash and door panels. I think this is the way the interior should've been.

My friend has the black, and I dislike the wood pieces. The seats themselves are fine, but the white seats are much nicer with no brightness issues (dash panels aside)

A few questions:

White is great except the white instrument panel is a SAFETY HAZARD as it shows up in both left & right rear view mirrors, day or night.

So I ended up installing a real carbon fiber trim.

Attachments

• 8CA14557-D329-40CB-87B1-F3318F76FC65.jpeg
    8CA14557-D329-40CB-87B1-F3318F76FC65.jpeg
    257.7 KB · Views: 495
I love my white interior, but I will say the white dash glare was annoying when I tinted the windows. So, I put on alcantara dash and door panels. I think this is the way the interior should've been.

My friend has the black, and I dislike the wood pieces. The seats themselves are fine, but the white seats are much nicer with no brightness issues (dash panels aside)
Huh interesting. I actually rather liked the wood piece

I have a 2018 M3 with black and a 2020 MY with white. I put a wood dash in the MY and added wood trim over the switches and center console. I think the white seats are stunning and wish that I had them in my M3. I do not notice any comfort difference between them.

I have a couple marks on the white driver's seat that I cannot get off. You cannot see them when sitting in the seat so not a big deal to me.

I have a 2018 M3 with black and a 2020 MY with white. I put a wood dash in the MY and added wood trim over the switches and center console. I think the white seats are stunning and wish that I had them in my M3. I do not notice any comfort difference between them.

I have a couple marks on the white driver's seat that I cannot get off. You cannot see them when sitting in the seat so not a big deal to me.
Got any pics? I like the white with the wood trim

Thanks for responses guys. I actually ended up renting a Tesla with white interior and I didn’t like it. Too bright/sensory overload. I like a more relaxing cabin, like the wood dash, so I’m set on black interior.

Last thing I need to decide is exterior color. I love the white, but everyone has it. So I’m thinking blue, red, or MSM.

Reactions: doc5339 and enemji
Blue checking in... I love it, especially how dark it is. Most blue cars I see aren't this dark, and I don't see many blue Teslas, which I like. I think I saw a poll or some stats saying it's one of the least chosen colours.

I think Teslas look good in MSM but at least around here every other car is a shade of grey.

As for red, maybe I'm oldskool but I associate it with sports cars so to my eyes it works on the 3 and S but not the Y or X.

Blue checking in... I love it, especially how dark it is. Most blue cars I see aren't this dark, and I don't see many blue Teslas, which I like. I think I saw a poll or some stats saying it's one of the least chosen colours.

I think Teslas look good in MSM but at least around here every other car is a shade of grey.

As for red, maybe I'm oldskool but I associate it with sports cars so to my eyes it works on the 3 and S but not the Y or X.
Yeah right now my main considerations are white blue or red. Don’t like MSM, a bit too meh. Had a gray car before.

I think white arguably looks the best on this car, but 90% of people buy white (I’m over exaggerating).

Probably gonna go blue since the red is a meh red.

Reactions: Graham J