Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any owners with big dogs?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any advice for good trunk covers for the pet owners in this thread? I'm looking for one that'll cover the trunk area as well as the seats when folded down without having to use multiple products.

Our 110# Alaskan Malamute loves riding in the trunk. For short distances his 50# sister goes in there too, he doesn't mind but she doesn't like that much. She usually rides in a hammock on the back seat. Yes, there is hair everywhere. Car had dog hair in it before we even paid (likely transfer from our clothes).

Any advice for good trunk covers for the pet owners in this thread? I'm looking for one that'll cover the trunk area as well as the seats when folded down without having to use multiple products.
Don't know if she still makes it because we ordered two years ago. A product called the Backmat. Try searching the forum for the term.
We had her add a "tail" that can be folded out to cover the bumper for ingress/egress. It covers the rear of the back seats as well.
Her email is [email protected]

But there are many options, just find the dog threads.
And for those concerned about climate, there was a gent that came up with a floor-mounted fan system for the vents in the passenger seats that looked ingenious. Again should be in the dog threads somewhere.
We've been dog-less for a couple of years but a Newfoundland puppy is on the way :) And he'll be riding in the car.

Don't know if she still makes it because we ordered two years ago. A product called the Backmat. Try searching the forum for the term.
We had her add a "tail" that can be folded out to cover the bumper for ingress/egress. It covers the rear of the back seats as well.
Her email is [email protected]

But there are many options, just find the dog threads.
And for those concerned about climate, there was a gent that came up with a floor-mounted fan system for the vents in the passenger seats that looked ingenious. Again should be in the dog threads somewhere.
We've been dog-less for a couple of years but a Newfoundland puppy is on the way :) And he'll be riding in the car.
Yes I bought one for my Dalmatian a few months ago. It works well although some Dalmatian hair inevitably gets under the mat but its reasonably easy to vacuum up. the dog is comfortable in the back and doesn't seem troubled by the heat here.

image.jpeg
I love this pic. Any others threads with BMD in a tesla?
Our Bernese Mountain Dog is very happy riding in the S with the rear seats folded down. We us a great heavy plastic line made by US Trunk Liners.

60 pound Labradoodle gets the back seat with a cover/hammock. As @BertL mentioned air flow is an issue so you need to make allowances for that. Also, my Murray HATES regen (makes him queezy) so I really tone it down when we have anything longer than a 20 minute ride.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    153.1 KB · Views: 51