Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any P3D+ with lowering springs? Springs vs Coil-overs debate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those who have done this with the Performance, how is the ride quality? I did this with TSportlines on my AWD and ride was a bit bumpier but not horrible. I am concerned that the ride quality will suffer with the P3 since it is already a bit "rough" compared to others.

For those who have done this with the Performance, how is the ride quality? I did this with TSportlines on my AWD and ride was a bit bumpier but not horrible. I am concerned that the ride quality will suffer with the P3 since it is already a bit "rough" compared to others.
Hey bro, ive had my performance model 3 lowered for about 3 months now, definitly an upgrade from stock. in terms of ride quality, noise, efficiency, its better than stock. without a doubt

OP - springs should be fine if you're not tracking it. If you do decide to get coilovers I've heard really good things about MPP coilovers and considering they are essentially KWSuspension coilovers you won't be disappointed. I bought a set for my M3P bought they haven't been delivered yet. Once I get my wheels, and all of my suspension parts I'll post up. Good luck in your search.

hey guys, so i installed the 18s finally last night on my ride. first thoughts
1. definitly feels lighter driving, driving feels good
2. road noise is comparable to the 20s
3. took it over 100 mpg today and got vibration on the wheel
4. tire pressure sensor fault alert came on despite me configuring to the 18s

do you guys know any way of solving the above issues?
i posted a photo below

this is how they are sitting on my UP SP Springs

Attachments

• IMG_0640.jpg
    IMG_0640.jpg
    524.9 KB · Views: 116
327726DC-9346-4AF9-AB2E-E05D7A36DB23.jpeg
8E9675EA-E853-4B0B-B1BD-7D5FC868C734.jpeg
i have unplugged super performance springs on mine and love them. car feels tight to the ground, cornering is great, the drop is 1.5inches, and it does not scrape on normal everyday conditions/speed bumps. i am yet to scrape on mine. efficiency has gotten better.

Pretty cool story, when i went to get my alignment about a month after, the guy said he doesnt know why i brought it in that the alignment was perfect. so no negative caber here. If you take a look at my photo avatar that is my current stance with these springs. it is absolutely beautiful. also no creaking noises either!
Curious how low your springs made your car. I had UP super performance lowering springs on my M3P. Rode very rough, often a loud clunk on hitting the most minor of bumps. I’m guessing i was to the bump stops or almost on top of them even before hitting bumps. Could not fit a jack under the car unless i drove it up on to two three inch boards. A true pain. Had to be careful going over some speed bumps.

Just installed UP coil overs. Easier to install compared to the springs. Their install manual is out of date, so be fore warned if you buy them and decide to do your self. Despite what their web site says, it hardly raised the car above where their sport springs say, despite being at the upper limit on the rear springs. It does ride better though. I was hoping to raise it about an inch total, but only got a 1/2” increase in height. I have not messed with the shock dampening yet to see how that effects the ride, etc. Here is pics of my car with their sport springs. Later I’ll take an identical picture now that i have the coil overs installed.

Last edited: