Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any P90DL owners got their 100 kWh battery upgrade yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But (1) how much did you have to pay?
and (2) do you prefer the new "Premium" seats to the previous (Next-Gen?) seats?

Thanks!

1. Pricing was as listed below plus tax...
To quote the original announcement from here New Tesla Model S Now the Quickest Production Car in the World

“Tesla customers who have ordered a P90D Ludicrous, but not taken delivery, can upgrade to the 100 kWh pack for $10,000. Existing P90D Ludicrous owners can also upgrade to a 100 kWh pack, but for $20,000, as their used 90 kWh pack will have to be recycled.”

2. I like the new seats and so do the passengers that have tried them vs the next gens

That's interesting. When I ordered it a couple weeks ago (had been on the list forever, but walked in and got them to order the parts for me), they emailed me back later in the day to ask me to send pictures of my seats and the VIN panel in the drivers door, so it does seem they need to know seats you currently have before they'll do the upgrade.

I have Next Gen seats for what it's worth.

That's interesting. When I ordered it a couple weeks ago (had been on the list forever, but walked in and got them to order the parts for me), they emailed me back later in the day to ask me to send pictures of my seats and the VIN panel in the drivers door, so it does seem they need to know seats you currently have before they'll do the upgrade.

I have Next Gen seats for what it's worth.

Cool. Sounds like you might be getting the newer premium seats with the adjustable head rest. Maybe they will let you keep your Next Gen seats and you can sell them to me. lol. Good Luck on the upgrade.

Cool. Sounds like you might be getting the newer premium seats with the adjustable head rest. Maybe they will let you keep your Next Gen seats and you can sell them to me. lol. Good Luck on the upgrade.

That’s what is included with the upgrade, the new / current premium seats! Supposedly it’s required because the P100D was crash tested with the premium seats. I can also confirm if you ask to keep the old seats you can as well, I kept mine I’m thinking about making them office chairs or something.

As the original poster, I have an update: Tesla Heathrow have my new battery pack and a new driver's seat - but no sign of the passenger seat... I'm tentatively booked for a battery swap at the end of January - which is about a year later than the timescale I was originally promised ("very early in 2017") - but better late than never.

I've also had a chance to try out the new "Premium" seats, as we have a 100D as a loan car whilst my wife's P85 is having its MCU replaced (for the second time - but that's another story)... And I'm still conflicted as to whether or not I should accept the new seats when my P90DL is upgraded next year...

I really like the "Next Gen" seats, which hug my (smallish) figure very well as I drive exuberantly (I think that is the polite term!) around our winding country roads. The "Premium" seats don't give me quite the same "seat of the pants" connection to the car - although the backrest feels more comfortable (softer padding?). Seat comfort is, of course, highly subjective - but is the general consensus that the "Premium" seats are the best option for the P100D? Do those of you who have had your "Next Gens" replaced feel that this was a positive move?

@Tech_Guy mentioned that one can keep the old seats as well - if so, does anyone know if these can be retrofitted into a June 2014 P85 (i.e., replacing the first-generation "Standard" seats) ? That might be the option, as driving my wife's P85 is like sitting on a slab of concrete.

• Informative
Reactions: AnxietyRanger
Well, after 17 months waiting - and a year later than promised - my P90DL finally got upgraded yesterday.

The actual upgrade process took two whole weeks - not the two days we had expected. Although the battery and front seats had been ordered way back last year, it then transpired that other parts (sub-loom; new sunroof module - no idea why this was needed) had to be ordered and then re-ordered when the wrong ones were sent from Europe, but I was finally able to try out "Ludicrous Plus" on my drive home from the service centre last night. Very impressive!

The front seats ("Premium") aren't as grippy as the previous ones ("Next Gen"), which is sad, but the seat backs are more comfortable.

Well, after 17 months waiting - and a year later than promised - my P90DL finally got upgraded yesterday.

The actual upgrade process took two whole weeks - not the two days we had expected. Although the battery and front seats had been ordered way back last year, it then transpired that other parts (sub-loom; new sunroof module - no idea why this was needed) had to be ordered and then re-ordered when the wrong ones were sent from Europe, but I was finally able to try out "Ludicrous Plus" on my drive home from the service centre last night. Very impressive!

The front seats ("Premium") aren't as grippy as the previous ones ("Next Gen"), which is sad, but the seat backs are more comfortable.

How much did the upgrade cost?