TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Any parcel shelves from Rockville Service Center?

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by loganss, Feb 28, 2013.

1. loganss

loganss Spaceman

I've got the parcel shelf on my due bill list and I'm just wondering if anyone has received a parcel shelf from the Rockville, MD service center yet.

2. JakeP

JakeP S P4996 / X P6028

No, but I received an email last night from the new Columbus Service Center saying that they are shipping them and I should expect one in the next 1-3 weeks.

3. kendallpb

kendallpb Model S: P 8061

I've heard nothing from Rockville but haven't called them about it. It's on my list of 4-5 things to call them about (none really service issues except paint armor bubble that they were supposed to call me to schedule a time for replacing).

4. loganss

loganss Spaceman

Seems like a waste of money for Tesla to ship a bunch of them out to customers. Did you request shipment or was there an option for you to pick it up?

I'm also supposed to get a call for some other items as well. I figured I'd just wait it out since none of my due bill items are critical.

5. JakeP

JakeP S P4996 / X P6028

I did not request a shipment. In fact, I had been emailing the Philly Service Center to see if my Rear Seats had arrived, to save them a trip as I knew they were driving over to Western PA today. The email from Columbus was totally out of the blue.

I agree, I could totally wait for the Parcel Shelf (and my footwell cover) until the Rear Seats are installed, which requires a visit. I hope Tesla doesn't charge themselves their own shipping rates internally...that will be a huge hit to the stock price, if so!