TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Any Partial Autopilot Components To Be Incorporated Into The Model X ?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Tesluthian, Jun 7, 2013.

1. Tesluthian

Tesluthian New Member

The Model X may not have full autopilot; but maybe it will have new intelligent driving features or limited partial autopilot features. Anyone hear anything ?

2. ModelX

ModelX Member

I hope so!

3. felixtb

felixtb RsEU502,Sp+14274,XpEUSig4

I ope not! except for adaptive cruise control.

4. Tesluthian

Tesluthian New Member

Perhaps the AutoPilot features could be options, and even be available in small pieces that you could mix and match. Even updated at a later date post sale. So Adaptive Cruise Control could be one piece of AutoPilot.

Later if you saw a friend's AutoPark that you liked, you could add that piece of AutoPilot to your MX through software & sensor updates.

5. PoweredByRain

PoweredByRain Member

Why would they do it any differently than for the Model S? Tesla has gone for fewer bundles, rather than unbundling features. Right now they have an optional "Autopilot Convenience Features" bundle, which you can include in your order or pay more to have added later. That's it. I expect the Model X will be the same. In fact, I expect the hardware and software will be the same.

6. timf

timf Member

Perhaps this thread is 2 years old and the speculation vastly predates the Model S implementation.

7. AnxietyRanger

AnxietyRanger Active Member

I know it is an old thread, but here is the current speculation summary from my May summary of TMC Model X speculation:

Regarding new cameras, unfortunately the latest mule findings suggest we haven't (at least yet) seen any proof of new cameras in Model X mules. Of course that may or may not mean anything for the production version.

8. mgboyes

mgboyes Member

9. AnxietyRanger

It does. Although some others have EyeQ3 already too. EyeQ4 is coming out in some vehicle in the Model X launch timeframe too.

10. mgboyes

mgboyes Member

It could be wishful thinking but the EyeQ4 debuting in "a car in Q3 2015" does sound an awful lot like Model X.

11. Lump

Lump Active Member

Moving Closer to Automated Driving, Mobileye Unveils EyeQ4® System-on-Chip with its First Design... -- JERUSALEM, March 4, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --

12. AnxietyRanger

Thank you for the update and clarification on EyeQ4 schedule.

I am currently leaning on Model X having EyeQ3 and perhaps some upgraded Tegra hardware, plus new sensors, resulting in an improved auto-pilot, all-around camera support etc. but probably not a dramatic change over current Model S auto-pilot in terms of core hardware that runs it.