Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

any pedestal supplier for wall charger recommended in Canada?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello. I am planning to construct a pedestal in my garden that look like this to allow wall connector charging further out in my drive way and parking space. I am gonna try Home Depot tomorrow to see if they have something that is similar that I can put in my garden.

I also looked online for some pedestal suppliers but they are all American based. I wonder if you guys know any suppliers in Canada (or localized in Toronto) that can provide me a pedestal that look like this?
wall mount.jpg

Good find S'toon
I was the rep for one of the largest RV park pedestal manufacturers, Midwest. Midwest (now ABB) and Eaton - the 2 main players in this market, go to market through electrical wholesalers for this product group. Almost all of them are custom configured, so not available "off the shelf". I don't think you'll find anything locally stocked - except the Sun Country product, listed above.

If you have your heart set on the "tombstone" appearance, you may have to contact a wholesaler in your area.

I used a 4x4 wood post (with a post spike) painted black and mounted the same charger (in black). I also couldnt find something easily so built this as a temporary solution (but it turned out great). Also in Toronto.
I did a similar thing but used a pre-fab concrete footing for the post instead of a spike (and spray-painted the post grey to better match the silver charger). Not perfect, but definitely serviceable.

I was considering concrete but I wasn’t 100% committed to the placement. Parking on a driveway (as my garage is full) always takes some math to ensure I can reach the charging port if I dont back it in. Silver makes sense for the silver charger. I have the black one.

I was considering concrete but I wasn’t 100% committed to the placement. Parking on a driveway (as my garage is full) always takes some math to ensure I can reach the charging port if I dont back it in. Silver makes sense for the silver charger. I have the black one.

Thanks Jamstation. I think I will go with DIY option given the cost of of pre made one is not possible. The wood spike that you used to secure the 4x4 post. Is it something like this ?

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/si...ted-mender-plate-for-4x4-wood-post/1000681911

Thanks Jamstation. I think I will go with DIY option given the cost of of pre made one is not possible. The wood spike that you used to secure the 4x4 post. Is it something like this ?

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/si...ted-mender-plate-for-4x4-wood-post/1000681911

Have a look at these for some possible better options for a 4”x4” post. They completely surround the base of the post rather than just one side. The one you listed is normally used to reinforce an existing post that’s rotted at ground level. You use a short 12” or so piece of 4x4 to fit in the spike temporarily so you can pound it into the ground:

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/pe...ground-spike-for-post-installation/1000438984

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/si...der-coated-post-base-spike-for-4x4/1001400316

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/pylex-heavy-duty-spike-44-black/1001312350

Last edited:
I used the Peak Products one 03DSG posted but there is a version that is about $5 more that allows it to pivot/tilt so you can ensure its 100% level/straight. Very strong. And yes - use something that covers all around it and not just the back. If anything.. for cosmetic purposes, I may purchase some plastic based capping to put around the post similar to what we use for plastic deck boards, etc. This will give it a thicker look (would be the size of a 6x6 instead of a 4x4) and I may be able to run the 6 gauge cable through it as well to hide it better. This will have to wait for the spring when it warms up.

I used the Peak Products one 03DSG posted but there is a version that is about $5 more that allows it to pivot/tilt so you can ensure its 100% level/straight. Very strong. And yes - use something that covers all around it and not just the back. If anything.. for cosmetic purposes, I may purchase some plastic based capping to put around the post similar to what we use for plastic deck boards, etc. This will give it a thicker look (would be the size of a 6x6 instead of a 4x4) and I may be able to run the 6 gauge cable through it as well to hide it better. This will have to wait for the spring when it warms up.
Do you have a photo of your pedestal you built ?

Just got home and it’s dark (hence the pic). Again.. I want to ‘thicken’ the appearance with 1x6 boards and View attachment 497796 will probably use resin/plastic in the summer.

Thanks so much for sharing
Would you be able to show how the cable/conduit ran up the pole and through the pole to connect to the charger?

I would love to mount on a stainless steel post with a simple bracket on it but can only find them in Europe.

Thanks so much for sharing
Would you be able to show how the cable/conduit ran up the pole and through the pole to connect to the charger?

I would love to mount on a stainless steel post with a simple bracket on it but can only find them in Europe.

If you're handy with a welder or are willing to pay a shop to do it, you can custom make whatever you want.
Stainless Steel 304/304L Rectangular Tube | Metal Supermarkets - Steel, Aluminum, Stainless, Hot-Rolled, Cold-Rolled, Alloy, Carbon, Galvanized, Brass, Bronze, Copper

Since I have been looking for this stuff and found it impossible to find, I thought it best to share here.
I got it from a Tesla person in CA

specifications on the wall charger 3 size and mounting plate screw measurements.

Attachments

• 26717EB7-E5CB-425F-AF6C-74616D1E2DE7.png
    26717EB7-E5CB-425F-AF6C-74616D1E2DE7.png
    33.5 KB · Views: 142
  • 24791E7B-6BAC-4968-B792-B8D7CBEE30A8.png
    24791E7B-6BAC-4968-B792-B8D7CBEE30A8.png
    41.8 KB · Views: 142