Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

any pedestal supplier for wall charger recommended in Canada?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_20200917_174859957.jpg IMG_20200919_121222074.jpg IMG_20200919_152102758.jpg IMG_20200920_154708853.jpg IMG_20200920_154732889.jpg

final product. The project moved around quite a bit from location to design.
I settled on a 3"x3" x 42" aluminum mounting post for a stair rail installation.
Luckily I was able to take a basketball post out of the ground and use the cement base to mount the post. I did grind the base flat but still had to use washers to level it up.

I used a 3/8" X 3 3/4" post to anchor into the existing cement. These were from Parawedge. I am not super happy with them as they don't seem to have a great grip and I feel one heavy bump on the post and they will be lose. I wish there was an epoxy type of anchor that could go in and set in the hole.

I used the Teck90 6/3 awg 1kv with the aluminum fittings. No easy feat to get the wire up the 3" tube. I suggest using a 4" if you can find it.

i set the back plate on the base and used nylon lock nuts with flat washers to secure the base plate. I used stainless steel nuts and bolts.

Once I had the wire pulled through the tube I then hooked it into the base. Set the base level and secured it, then I completed the wire setup.

Everyone says to run the extra wire for future proof but man, that crowdes things up.

Once hooked up, I secured the face plate.

I then drilled through the house and hooked into the panel.nice and tidy inside. I was able to come in right beside the panel and you don't even notice the entry. Happy with that. Once again, hard to work with those wires.

I hope this helps someone that is looking for a pedestal installation.

I would have liked to find a better mounting system to the concrete and a 4" tube. Other than that, it turned out great.

This is really helpful! I am in Toronto too I am trying to plan for our install (June delivery date). Did you guys run your own wire or built up your pedestal before the electrician came to wire it up? Our panel has capacity - but a wire will have to be run from our basement wall to the parking spot in the back. Did you bury the cable to have it come up the inside of the post? (many of the electrician quotes I've received are for above ground conduit runs - likely along our fence.