Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Performance owners regret not getting the perf upgrade package?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had the luxury of driving both back to back and there's a lot more oomph in the AWD from a dead stop than the RWD. It's not Ludicrous or P3D levels, but it's still good and makes everyone in the car gasp all the same.

That is great to know...
Everything I have been reading about the AWD suggested it had a little kick, but not much more...
And yes, the P3D is just an amazing vehicle.

Congrat's, you should be getting yours soon!

I have my P3D- and don't regret it at all either.
Then again I only ordered the P because I wanted the white interior (and the P was the only way to get the white interior at the time :)
When that became available to other models I was a little miffed, but I also got free supercharging due to my P
And the money that would have gone into the + version instead went into PPF vinyl

I order the M3P the day it was available and didn't go with the upgrade package. At that point all info I could get was the upgrade package include the bigger wheels/tires, the red calipers (no info if they were more than painted) and a rear spoiler. I thought that was too little for $5K.. I don't really like the wheels (what I really want are the pinwheels that were on the red proto at the reveal and that Elon had said would be available soon). There was rumor that there would be a track mode and I figured I would add updates as I went along. Now I hear that track mode won't be for the cars without the upgrade! :mad: VERY annoyed. So I also hear there will be a path to upgrade but how much?

I order the M3P the day it was available and didn't go with the upgrade package. At that point all info I could get was the upgrade package include the bigger wheels/tires, the red calipers (no info if they were more than painted) and a rear spoiler. I thought that was too little for $5K.. I don't really like the wheels (what I really want are the pinwheels that were on the red proto at the reveal and that Elon had said would be available soon). There was rumor that there would be a track mode and I figured I would add updates as I went along. Now I hear that track mode won't be for the cars without the upgrade! :mad: VERY annoyed. So I also hear there will be a path to upgrade but how much?
My Guess is that it will cost around 8k to upgrade Wheels, tires, brakes. My mind has changed, I very much so regret not getting PUP.

Not yet.

Best case scenario I get some restitution for devaluing my car and get track mode and put even more money into mods.

Worst case is I trade in the P3D- for the new P3D, strip off and sell the "upgraded" components and put my mods on it.

kH6hPvw8TpuU468M7