Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any PG&E rebates in bay area, CA?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just today, I had a Tesla wall connector installed on a dedicated 50A circuit in my garage. Are there any PG&E rebates that I can get? I've been looking at the PG&E site and can't seem to find anything.
You might want to consider moving to NJ
PSE&G here offers a $1500 rebate on your electric bill
There is also no NJ sales tax on electric vehicles

Electric Vehicle Charging Program Descriptions​

PSE&G is offering three sub-programs within the EV program.

Residential smart charging customers are eligible for:

• Up to $1,500 toward the behind the meter installation of a residential Level 2 charger
  • Up to $5,000 of pole to meter utility service upgrades (if needed)
  • Credit on charging during off-peak periods* to help lower your bill, pending charger approval
  • *Off-peak periods are defined as 9PM-7AM Monday-Friday, and all day Saturday-Sunday

You'll get rebates on your electric bill, per se, in the form of lower bills, of course, but we also have a true up once a year. PG&E keeps track of your usage and has some formula of what they think you should be using. Then once a year they figure out how much money you should get back. It's complicated enough that I don't readily understand it. We got about $600 back this year, using 3 power walls and about 7 Kw of solar. Call PG&E and have them 'splain it to you.

You'll get rebates on your electric bill, per se, in the form of lower bills, of course, but we also have a true up once a year. PG&E keeps track of your usage and has some formula of what they think you should be using. Then once a year they figure out how much money you should get back. It's complicated enough that I don't readily understand it. We got about $600 back this year, using 3 power walls and about 7 Kw of solar. Call PG&E and have them 'splain it to you.
I don't have solar.

Bottom line: no rebates or incentives whatsoever in bay area, CA. :(
Has the Bay Area seceded from the United States in recent days? If you live ANYWHERE in the US you will likely be eligible for a 30% rebate through your 2022 taxes. Google is your friend. Look what I found below. Click CA below the federal section. There are Bay Area incentives.

Has the Bay Area seceded from the United States in recent days? If you live ANYWHERE in the US you will likely be eligible for a 30% rebate through your 2022 taxes. Google is your friend. Look what I found below. Click CA below the federal section. There are Bay Area incentives.

Looks like this 30% tax rebate expired Dec 31, 2021. I have my EVSE installed in May 2022.