TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Any pics of the new Roadster rear seats?

Discussion in 'Roadster 2020' started by c615586, Nov 20, 2017.

1. c615586

c615586 Member

I've seen tons of pics of the new Roadster, but I can't find any shots of the rear seats? Anyone got anything?

2. Daniellane

Daniellane Member

Darn I just reviewed all the shots I took.
    I can’t see the rear seats. I’m wondering if they fold up out of the rear deck like the optional 3td row seats in the sub-trunk of a Mosldel S. Here are some shots with a glimpse of the rear & the hatch.
    4F7516DC-8ECB-4EBB-82AA-E9AB10E750CE.jpeg 37C7EE09-8232-4690-8AC1-E321DC880851.jpeg 30B84512-E9E4-44BE-B835-B3A8F07F840E.jpeg CB1EB32A-10DE-4E47-A3D9-2332228343EA.jpeg C028584F-409D-4356-85D0-04A740401B81.jpeg

3. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

This won't clear up anything, but it's the best I've got (by mistake) of the back. I suspect the back was not finished yet.
    Screen Shot 2017-11-20 at 8.07.54 PM.png

4. gregd

gregd Active Member

Wasn't there a shot with a stuffed toy in the back seat? I can't find it right now... May have been in one of the videos.

• Funny x 1
  5. Daniellane

Daniellane Member

Good catch. Looks a bit like a cross between a Herman Miller Desk Chair & a plastic Home Depot lawn chair.

• Like x 1
  6. ggnykk

ggnykk Active Member

Very clear video of the "back seat" starting at 10:31 of the video. You can't really see the seat coz Tesla put the glass roof right over where the back seat should be.

7. McManX

McManX Member

looks like they could be folded down with the glass roof on top of them?

8. ggnykk

ggnykk Active Member

Yea, the back seat was either folded down, or doesn't exists in that prototype.

• Like x 1
  9. e-FTW

e-FTW New electron smell

I need to make smaller friends for when I get a Roadster.

• Funny x 3
  10. McManX

McManX Member

Well hopefully they were folded (or will). My 7 seat x with the mono post seats is annoying at times.

11. MelaniainLA

MelaniainLA Member

I took this photo at the unveiling (after pushing my way through a million dudes including Bjorn, who was kind enough to give a selfie) and you can see the rear seats. I dove right into the back as well!

Attached Files:

12. ggnykk

ggnykk Active Member

can you confirm that the shinny panel that is on top of the rear seat is the glass roof panel??

• Like x 1
  13. c615586

c615586 Member

I'm interested in seeing how the rear seats compare to the current Porsche 911 rears. I can currently fit my 9 and 6 year old sons in the Porsche without complaint. I suspect there will be much complaining by age 11 and 8 though (around the time the Roadster is due).

14. Jeff4155

Jeff4155 Member

As a lover of all things cars you won't hear a complaint from me either at 1.74m if you stuff me in the back of a Porsche 911 ;)
    On a serious note, no roadster/ sports car will ever be a MS in the rear, but at least it looks like a TT in that rear which will mean some packing space and as Elon said space for 2 for a short drive

15. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

I suspect the new Roadster rear seats will be comparable to the 911 rear seats: only suitable for small children, and rarely if ever used by the vast majority of Roadster owners.

And I agree with Bonnie that the prototype car shown likely was unfinished in the rear seat area, and probably also unfinished in the trunk. Those areas don’t matter for purposes of showing the car off to the public for the first time.

Personally, I don’t care about the new Roadster rear seats: mine will be permanently folded down. :cool:

16. MelaniainLA

MelaniainLA Member

Yes

• Informative x 1
  17. e-FTW

e-FTW New electron smell

So no roof storage if you do have two short friends in the back.

• Love x 1
  18. gregd

gregd Active Member

I guess there's no cloth top, like the current Roadsters have? That would solve the trunk space problem.

19. KIP1

KIP1 Member

#19 KIP1, Dec 22, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2017

I couldn't get Tesla to even verify a simple thing like if the back seats have isofix. I am speculating that the car is in its early stages and they have yet to figure out the back seat setup. In the test drives at the launch there is almost no footage of the back. Anyone at the event take a closer look in the rear? Porsche 911 size seats? Hard to reserve one, when you dont know if even child seats fit back there. Looked smaller in the rear than BMW i8 or 911, so have a fear that the rear seat is just for a sportsbag and child seats wont fit in the back. It is unbelievable that you get 3 isofix seats ina Porsche 911, but only 2 in the Model S. So not having high hopes for the Roadster. The best image so far is at about 10:45 in the vid above.

20. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

At this point I am not aware of any information about the Roadster rear seats beyond the fact that there are two of them and they are not suitable for normal sized adults.

The verifiable information we have about the new Roadster is contained in the pinned thread at the top of this sub-forum. And we don’t have many details at this point, over two years before the first vehicle will be delivered.