Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any pics of the new Roadster rear seats?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've seen tons of pics of the new Roadster, but I can't find any shots of the rear seats? Anyone got anything?
Darn I just reviewed all the shots I took.
I can’t see the rear seats. I’m wondering if they fold up out of the rear deck like the optional 3td row seats in the sub-trunk of a Mosldel S. Here are some shots with a glimpse of the rear & the hatch.
4F7516DC-8ECB-4EBB-82AA-E9AB10E750CE.jpeg
37C7EE09-8232-4690-8AC1-E321DC880851.jpeg
30B84512-E9E4-44BE-B835-B3A8F07F840E.jpeg
CB1EB32A-10DE-4E47-A3D9-2332228343EA.jpeg
C028584F-409D-4356-85D0-04A740401B81.jpeg

I took this photo at the unveiling (after pushing my way through a million dudes including Bjorn, who was kind enough to give a selfie) and you can see the rear seats. I dove right into the back as well!

Attachments

• IMG_0438.JPG
    IMG_0438.JPG
    308.6 KB · Views: 1,074
  • IMG_0434.JPG
    IMG_0434.JPG
    439.3 KB · Views: 991
I'm interested in seeing how the rear seats compare to the current Porsche 911 rears. I can currently fit my 9 and 6 year old sons in the Porsche without complaint. I suspect there will be much complaining by age 11 and 8 though (around the time the Roadster is due).

I'm interested in seeing how the rear seats compare to the current Porsche 911 rears. I can currently fit my 9 and 6 year old sons in the Porsche without complaint. I suspect there will be much complaining by age 11 and 8 though (around the time the Roadster is due).
As a lover of all things cars you won't hear a complaint from me either at 1.74m if you stuff me in the back of a Porsche 911 ;)
On a serious note, no roadster/ sports car will ever be a MS in the rear, but at least it looks like a TT in that rear which will mean some packing space and as Elon said space for 2 for a short drive

I'm interested in seeing how the rear seats compare to the current Porsche 911 rears. I can currently fit my 9 and 6 year old sons in the Porsche without complaint.
I suspect the new Roadster rear seats will be comparable to the 911 rear seats: only suitable for small children, and rarely if ever used by the vast majority of Roadster owners.

And I agree with Bonnie that the prototype car shown likely was unfinished in the rear seat area, and probably also unfinished in the trunk. Those areas don’t matter for purposes of showing the car off to the public for the first time.

Personally, I don’t care about the new Roadster rear seats: mine will be permanently folded down. :cool:

I couldn't get Tesla to even verify a simple thing like if the back seats have isofix. I am speculating that the car is in its early stages and they have yet to figure out the back seat setup. In the test drives at the launch there is almost no footage of the back. Anyone at the event take a closer look in the rear? Porsche 911 size seats? Hard to reserve one, when you dont know if even child seats fit back there. Looked smaller in the rear than BMW i8 or 911, so have a fear that the rear seat is just for a sportsbag and child seats wont fit in the back. It is unbelievable that you get 3 isofix seats ina Porsche 911, but only 2 in the Model S. So not having high hopes for the Roadster. The best image so far is at about 10:45 in the vid above.

Last edited:
At this point I am not aware of any information about the Roadster rear seats beyond the fact that there are two of them and they are not suitable for normal sized adults.

The verifiable information we have about the new Roadster is contained in the pinned thread at the top of this sub-forum. And we don’t have many details at this point, over two years before the first vehicle will be delivered.