TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Any PodPointers got 2019.36.2.1 yet?

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by Marc Roberts, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Marc Roberts

Marc Roberts Member

Trying to rule out the software update. My PodPoint is freaking out again. Available amps in the car keeps dropping gradually to 10 from 30, and then the charging is interrupted and the PodPoint goes into some sort of reboot state for 39 seconds and then it happens again.

2. philip295

philip295 Member

Are you sure it isn't limiting the current due to household appliances, cooker washing machine etc?

3. tess19

tess19 Member

Faulty pod point?

4. VanillaAir_UK

VanillaAir_UK Moderator UK and Ireland

Do you know the voltage - TeslaFi or a home monitor?

5. Marc Roberts

Marc Roberts Member

I contacted PodPoint (straight away) and they said they couldn’t see anything wrong but reset it, then it wouldn’t go over 16A, so they set it to force 30A and things have been OK since.
    These things are janky, I wish I had access to the setting and logs.

It is weird that this started to be a problem again after the 2019.36 update but whatever.

6. Fourier1

Fourier1 Member

Last week had the same problem with my EO Mini - soon after update but not immediate so I think coincidental. It recognises that it's plugged in but won't start charging, and the car says 'Check power source'. All other charging methods working fine, including 3 pin plug, my cable working fine with public 7kW points, so I can only assume it's the charging point. Am waiting for EO and installer to help sort it out...