Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Porsche defectors?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why Porsche doesn’t build an electric Boxter sized car first is beyond me.

Porsche is extremely protective of the 911.

Before the Tesla I had a Cayman, and I honestly probably would have stuck with it had Porsche not handicapped it.

Sadly I think the 2-door EV sports car is going to continue to be missing for quite awhile. Sure there is the Roadster 2.0, but that's way outside Cayman/Boxster price range.

How much was the deposit? What were the terms they provided?

The Porsche dealer reached out to me and asked for $2500 but provided no terms. Didn't even state it was for a deposit, could be just for the right to be on their marketing list.

Depends on the dealer. Southbay Porsche wanted $2500. And it’s a deposit. With anticipated delivery of Feb 2020. Not sure how they provided that date. Porsche downtown LA wants $1000. I’m like WTF. Thought about moving over to DTLA or Just have two deposits lol

Here’s more info. Let’s see how many Tesla owners convert.
https://my.porsche.com/usa/microsite/e-performance-deposit/

Then dealer contacts you.

Per their terms and conditions:

9. Except as may specifically be described in these General Terms and Conditions, PCNA shall
have no obligation to Prospective Buyer in respect of the Taycan Deposit Program. In
particular, but without limiting the generality of the foregoing, by participating in the Taycan
Deposit Program, Prospective Buyer shall not acquire (i) any right to purchase a Porsche
Taycan vehicle, (ii) any claim against PCNA, Dealer or any other Porsche dealer, or the
manufacturer for delivery of a Porsche Taycan vehicle, or (iii) any claim for preferential
treatment respecting the purchase of a Porsche Taycan vehicle as compared to customers
who did not participate in the Taycan Deposit Program.

So putting in a deposit doesn't get you any rights nor any preferential treatment over a customer who does not participate.

How have I not given them my money yet?

Per their terms and conditions:

9. Except as may specifically be described in these General Terms and Conditions, PCNA shall
have no obligation to Prospective Buyer in respect of the Taycan Deposit Program. In
particular, but without limiting the generality of the foregoing, by participating in the Taycan
Deposit Program, Prospective Buyer shall not acquire (i) any right to purchase a Porsche
Taycan vehicle, (ii) any claim against PCNA, Dealer or any other Porsche dealer, or the
manufacturer for delivery of a Porsche Taycan vehicle, or (iii) any claim for preferential
treatment respecting the purchase of a Porsche Taycan vehicle as compared to customers
who did not participate in the Taycan Deposit Program.

So putting in a deposit doesn't get you any rights nor any preferential treatment over a customer who does not participate.

How have I not given them my money yet?

I guess it depends on you and the trust of your dealer. I’ve bought cars and service my cars at the Porsche dealer. So I guess i would have just as good preferential treatment reguardless? Haha

Bought a '14 Cayenne GTS last year. Loved it. More surprisingly, the wife who was seemingly indifferent during my selection process fell in love with it. She would gush about it to people (and she is not a "car person").

Our non-P AWD Model 3 has made the Cayenne fall out of favor. Wife suggested selling it but I think we're going to keep it. Still an amazing car but the Tesla is just out of this world.