Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any PPF Group Buy in San Diego?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As a data point:

I live in Temecula, and just got Full tint (3M crystalline 70% windshield, 40% windows, 40% pano roof, 30% CTX rear window 1 piece install) for 1100 so its good to see my pricing was in line with what others are seeing. This particular shop has been here in temecula over 30 years, and had done my BMWs previously.

I called them and asked if they were familiar with Tesla Model 3s and they said "yep we have done about 20-25 of them already of that model, and plenty of the other teslas too of course". They were the ones who recommended I get CTX on the rear window instead of 3m if I wanted one piece, as they felt the thicker 3m didnt mold quite as nice on the rear window when they did one piece. The two tints are the same color which is what I wanted (and same darkness).

I can highly recommend this shop in temecula for anyone living up this way.

i'm in elsinore and would be interested in knowing what shop you used...also curious if anyone up this way would want to look into a group buy for tint. i almost joined the one in OC but decided against it because i didn't want to have to drive back there if anything went wrong (not to mention having to find someone to follow me there to leave my car for the day)...

edit: nevermind, just saw your post above where you mentioned it. question still stands on any potential group buy for tint up this way...

i'm in elsinore and would be interested in knowing what shop you used...also curious if anyone up this way would want to look into a group buy for tint. i almost joined the one in OC but decided against it because i didn't want to have to drive back there if anything went wrong (not to mention having to find someone to follow me there to leave my car for the day)...

edit: nevermind, just saw your post above where you mentioned it. question still stands on any potential group buy for tint up this way...

Temecula auto glass and tint, on Jefferson in Temecula, between rancho california and temecula parkway (79 south). Im not affiliated with them at all as I said, I just have used them for tint (and a smashed window in my sons hyundai) before.

I just had them do tint, they are not a "chrome delete, paint correction, etc" full shop like that. Just tint, but they do a good job on the tint.

Temecula auto glass and tint, on Jefferson in Temecula, between rancho california and temecula parkway (79 south). Im not affiliated with them at all as I said, I just have used them for tint (and a smashed window in my sons hyundai) before.

I just had them do tint, they are not a "chrome delete, paint correction, etc" full shop like that. Just tint, but they do a good job on the tint.

is there any noticeable difference between having crystalline on the front and sides and CTX on the rear? i had thought about doing that since i've been unable to find a shop nearby that is willing to do crystalline on the back window in one piece, but was afraid that it might look strange.

also, any idea if they have crystalline 90 as an option? thinking 70 on the windshield might be a little to dark for me and my dark polarized sunglasses...

is there any noticeable difference between having crystalline on the front and sides and CTX on the rear? i had thought about doing that since i've been unable to find a shop nearby that is willing to do crystalline on the back window in one piece, but was afraid that it might look strange.

also, any idea if they have crystalline 90 as an option? thinking 70 on the windshield might be a little to dark for me and my dark polarized sunglasses...

I'm not sure how dark your sunglasses are, but I have 70% on the front and wear polarized sunglasses and you can barely tell it's there. Also, as far as CTX on rear, and 3M on the sides, I thought there was someone here who did that and the color match was spot on.

I'm not sure how dark your sunglasses are, but I have 70% on the front and wear polarized sunglasses and you can barely tell it's there. Also, as far as CTX on rear, and 3M on the sides, I thought there was someone here who did that and the color match was spot on.

I did, and yeah the color is indistinguishable (at least crystalline 40 and CTX 30 on the rear). 70% on windshield I have not been able to notice at all...

@crackers8199 since you are fairly local to me in lake elsinore, we could meet up somewhere and you could take a look at mine if you want. Im free today in fact. Send me a PM if you want and we can coordinate if you are interested.

Reactions: crackers8199
I thinking with 70 you can tell, but only If your looking at something white from both outside and behind the glass at the same time :)

I'm not sure I will bother with the front glass myself, it can look wavy from the sides and I worry about incoming lights headlight halo or duplication at night.

I did, and yeah the color is indistinguishable (at least crystalline 40 and CTX 30 on the rear). 70% on windshield I have not been able to notice at all...

@crackers8199 since you are fairly local to me in lake elsinore, we could meet up somewhere and you could take a look at mine if you want. Im free today in fact. Send me a PM if you want and we can coordinate if you are interested.

PM coming your way...thanks!

oakley polarized black iridium or polarized ice iridium, depending on the day / mood i'm in. they are both listed as allowing 10% through. my eyes are crazy sensitive so i need really dark lenses or i end up with a headache from squinting...

And here I am hitting road debris on my first drive after getting PPF on my way to work this morning @ 30 seconds.

I swear I heard it hit the front but the camera seems to show it passing underneath. It was really loud, and must have clanged the underside of my car about 12 times. I thought for sure I was going to have to have the front redone, but it looks like it went under the car whew. I know it does not look like much in the video, but I think it was some kinda scrap metal.

Ghost Wraps did an amazing job on the front PPF, I didn't see any seams or relief cuts on the lower bumper like i have seen on other jobs. Corners looked great too!

For some reason there is a seam on the mirrors though, like it was done in two pieces? Is this typical? I'll try to get some pictures in the daylight tomorrow morning.

Last edited:
And here I am hitting road debris on my first drive after getting PPF on my way to work this morning @ 30 seconds.

I swear I heard it hit the front but the camera seems to show it passing underneath. It was really loud, and must have clanged the underside of my car about 12 times. I thought for sure I was going to have to have the front redone. I know it does not look like much in the video, but I think it was some kinda scrap metal.

Ghost Wraps did an amazing job on the front PPF, I didn't see any seams or relief cuts on the lower bumper like i have seen on other jobs. Corners looked great too!

For some reason there is a seam on the mirrors though, like it was done in two pieces? Is this typical? I'll try to get some pictures in the daylight tomorrow morning.

Ouch! Yes, the mirrors are quite difficult to do. So, either there will be a seam, or in my case, the non-forward facing portion is uncovered.

Elite Finish (92121) is well known. Prior to deciding against ppf, I was going to use them based on their reputation despite their pricey side. I see an M3 there just about every time I drive by. I’d suggest you guys look into them.

So after numerous calls and meeting them in person, I just dropped my car off at 5 Points Auto Detail in Carlsbad (There is one in San Diego too but the Carlsbad one gives you a discount).

Ask for Chris if you want PPF, he pays attention to details and their quality is top notch. How do I know? I've brought my Camry and Lexus IS there before and I would come back again and again.

Pricing is about on par with other stores but like I mentioned, they're running a special right now for the holiday, it should knocked down a few hundred dollars.

Here is what I'm getting
Level 1 Paint Correction
Full Frontal PPF (Xpel Ulti Plus)
Ceramic Pro Silver + 1 Additional Layer of 9H

Car Detailing San Diego | Paint Protection | 5 Point Auto Detail SPA

So after numerous calls and meeting them in person, I just dropped my car off at 5 Points Auto Detail in Carlsbad (There is one in San Diego too but the Carlsbad one gives you a discount).

Ask for Chris if you want PPF, he pays attention to details and their quality is top notch. How do I know? I've brought my Camry and Lexus IS there before and I would come back again and again.

Pricing is about on par with other stores but like I mentioned, they're running a special right now for the holiday, it should knocked down a few hundred dollars.

Here is what I'm getting
Level 1 Paint Correction
Full Frontal PPF (Xpel Ulti Plus)
Ceramic Pro Silver + 1 Additional Layer of 9H

Car Detailing San Diego | Paint Protection | 5 Point Auto Detail SPA
Thank you so much for your support at our new Carlsbad Facility!

For those looking for Paint Protection Film (PPF) on their Tesla Model 3, I highly recommend doing your homework prior to choosing a shop. Its best to view work in person and make a decision on quality of work rather than discounts/pricepoints. Many of our clients have had the misfortune of making stops elsewhere only to be left with subpar work, headaches and extra costs to repair/replace these previous services.

Opt for custom installation techniques over "precut" or modified "Precut" as these still show alot of seams and edges.

Here is an example of a Custom, One Piece Bumper installation on a Tesla Model 3. Due to the difficulty of this installation there are only a handful of installers in the country able to properly and effectively perform this wrap:

Full Body Wrap Tesla Model 3 Performance

Reactions: dek526