Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any PPF Group Buy in San Diego?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
+1 as far as interested-but depends on what the price will be. I take delivery later this month. probably will be a rush on december deliveries so a good time for a group buy. i'm interested in a front end/hood wrap and stumbled on this thread while doing research. There was a group buy in the spring but i don't see any pricing there to reference. I'm hoping for <1k.

I searched but couldn't find anything for PPF group buy in San Diego. Anyone know any good place to get it done?

I don't know of any active group buys right now, but there were a few a couple of months ago.

General pricing in San Diego is around:
  • Full front PPF: $1,800
  • Full car PPF: $4,500-$7,000
  • Full tint: $950-1250 (Spectra, or 3M)
Group buy might save you a few dollars if you combine services.

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
I don't know of any active group buys right now, but there were a few a couple of months ago.

As a data point:

I live in Temecula, and just got Full tint (3M crystalline 70% windshield, 40% windows, 40% pano roof, 30% CTX rear window 1 piece install) for 1100 so its good to see my pricing was in line with what others are seeing. This particular shop has been here in temecula over 30 years, and had done my BMWs previously.

I called them and asked if they were familiar with Tesla Model 3s and they said "yep we have done about 20-25 of them already of that model, and plenty of the other teslas too of course". They were the ones who recommended I get CTX on the rear window instead of 3m if I wanted one piece, as they felt the thicker 3m didnt mold quite as nice on the rear window when they did one piece. The two tints are the same color which is what I wanted (and same darkness).

I can highly recommend this shop in temecula for anyone living up this way.

As a data point:

I live in Temecula, and just got Full tint (3M crystalline 70% windshield, 40% windows, 40% pano roof, 30% CTX rear window 1 piece install) for 1100 so its good to see my pricing was in line with what others are seeing. This particular shop has been here in temecula over 30 years, and had done my BMWs previously.

I called them and asked if they were familiar with Tesla Model 3s and they said "yep we have done about 20-25 of them already of that model, and plenty of the other teslas too of course". They were the ones who recommended I get CTX on the rear window instead of 3m if I wanted one piece, as they felt the thicker 3m didnt mold quite as nice on the rear window when they did one piece. The two tints are the same color which is what I wanted (and same darkness).

I can highly recommend this shop in temecula for anyone living up this way.
So what’s the shop? :)

So what’s the shop? :)

In Temecula (Temecula Auto Glass). They dont do PPF though.

Down in san diego I would recommend going to SD wrap, who did my chrome delete and wrapped my mirror caps. They were awesome for that and they do tint, PPF etc. They might be pricy for some, but they have a huge shop, and probably done hundreds of tesla's along with pretty much every other high end car you can think of.

When I was there, they had a ferrari, at least 2-3 porsche's 3-4 Model 3s beside mine, a couple model S a model X, etc. They are a full body wrap shop but they also do tint, chrome delete, and paint correction etc.

Very hard to get on the phone though, due to the volume (sd wrap not temecula auto glass)

I'm getting a full front wrap done right now :) headlights, mirrors etc $1600.

Curious where you can get photosync for $1250?

Ghost Wraps in San Marcos I believe the owner used to work at Adonis, they are a small shop.

Ghost Wrap - I forget the owners name, but I met him and he seems like a real good guy. I already had my car done by the time I met him, but if/when I do chrome delete, I'll go with him.

Curious where you can get photosync for $1250?
Adonis had everything except windshield for less than $1200, and Monumental was around $1100. Can't remember where the $1250 was from...

I'm in SD also mind sharing where you got it done?
Chris over at CE Detail in Sorrento Valley.

Ghost Wrap - I forget the owners name, but I met him and he seems like a real good guy. I already had my car done by the time I met him, but if/when I do chrome delete, I'll go with him.

Adonis had everything except windshield for less than $1200, and Monumental was around $1100. Can't remember where the $1250 was from...

Chris over at CE Detail in Sorrento Valley.
Monumental is $1100 for sides and back window.

i’d recommend Adonis ... Tim was awesome to work with and stands by his work. Drove down from Pasadena and wouldn’t think twice about taking my future cars to him

Thanks Derek, always a pleasure working with you!

Hi all! This is Tim Coats with Adonis Detail in Carlsbad. Have had the privilege to meet and work with many of you in the past, i am also a fellow Model 3 owner and absolutely love the car!

We are currently running a group buy set to expire 1/1/19, here are the below details:

Tesla Group Buy

My name is Tim Coats, I am both the owner and the operator of Adonis Automotive Protection based out of Vista, CA. We have had the privilege to work on many Tesla’s to date and are very excited at the opportunity to work with many of you!

I want to start off by saying we will not be the cheapest shop around, even with our group buy incentives. You may hear similar things from multiple shops when calling around, but i’m a firm believer that our work will speak louder than our words. We are fortunate enough to have the experience and abilities to separate our services from our competitors. We are often sought out to train guys all over the country to help elevate their services as well.

All our services are optimized to provide what we believe is the perfect balance of quality/durability and safety(ie. not voiding warranty or damaging components of the vehicle). For our PPF installations, we specialize in hand trimmed and advanced wraps. We use a combination of full custom installation techniques as well as modified Xpel Pre-Designed templates providing what we feel is also the best combination of pricing and coverage areas.

Our tint is all hand installed, with edges all finely trimmed right up to the edges of the glass and tucked under the door panel so there are no worries of it peeling up over time.

My ceramic coatings are designed and manufactured right here in the USA for Adonis Detail inc., this gives us a unique ability to provide a higher performing product than competing products for a very competitive price point.

Materials:

PPF: Xpel Ultimate Plus

Window Tint: Ceraluxe Quantum Ceramic, Spectra Photosync

Ceramic Coatings: Unique formulations

Timeframe:

We do book up quick, usually book 1-2 weeks out so plan ahead!

Packages (Best Bundled Pricing):

Package A) “Minimalist"

Front bumper PPF, Headlights and Foglights

1 step polish (To prepare paint, not remove defects) Level 1 Ceramic Coating (2 year durability)

$1090, $1190(Custom One Piece Bumper)

Package B) “Recommended”

Full Frontal PPF (Full hood, full fenders, mirrors, bumper, headlights and foglights), Luggage area, Door handles, Interior center console

1 step polish (To prepare paint, not remove defects) 1 step polish, Level 2 Ceramic Coating (4 year durability)

$2550

Package C) “Full Vehicle” (Best Value)

Full Frontal PPF, Luggage area, Door handles, Interior center console

1 step polish (To prepare paint, not remove defects), Level 2 Ceramic Coating (4 year durability)

Spectra Photosync Window Tint all side windows and rear window (one piece)

$3490

PPF ONLY:

Front bumper PPF, Headlights and Foglights

$490, $600 Custom One Piece

Full Frontal (Full hood, full fenders, mirrors, bumper, headlights and foglights)

$1700, $1900 Full Custom (One Piece Bumper)

Ceramic Coating ONLY:

Level 1 (2 year durability)

$800 including vehicle decontamination and one step light polish to prepare paint (Not full paint correction)

Level 2 (3-4 year durability)

$1000 including vehicle decontamination and one step light polish to prepare paint (Not full paint correction)

Level 3 (5-7 year durability)

$1400 including vehicle decontamination and one step light polish to prepare paint (Not full paint correction)

Window Films ONLY:

All sides and rear window,

CeraLuxe Quantum Ceramic

$1090

Spectra Photosync

$1190

Windshield Application: $290

Why a group buy?

We love TESLA’s, so much so we even have a Tesla wall charger installed in our shop to make sure you are topped off before you leave! I am a Model 3 reservation holder myself (Stood in line day 1, holding out for dual motor variant). I feel this is the perfect opportunity to streamline the paint protection process by teaming up with Tesla owners/enthusiasts to provide high quality services at reasonable prices.

My reputation is on the line to provide a high quality experience all around.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Custom bumper installation video:

One piece rear window installation:

Please contact me at [[email protected]](mailto:[email protected]) or through our contact forms on my website for the quickest response. Or call me on my cell at 760-815-5933 although due to call volume it may take longer to respond to all calls.

Thank you,

Timothy L. CoatsOwner, Adonis Detail, Inc.

(760) 815-5933

www.adonisdetail.com

2332 La Mirada Drive. Suite. 400 Vista, CA 92081

Please note: thanks to the overwhelming responses, the current lead-time is about 30-45 days out. Please book your appointment in advance of delivery date if possible.

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
Thanks Derek, always a pleasure working with you!

Hi all! This is Tim Coats with Adonis Detail in Carlsbad. Have had the privilege to meet and work with many of you in the past, i am also a fellow Model 3 owner and absolutely love the car!

We are currently running a group buy set to expire 1/1/19, here are the below details:

Tesla Group Buy.....

Please contact me at [[email protected]](mailto:[email protected]) or through our contact forms on my website for the quickest response. Or call me on my cell at 760-815-5933 although due to call volume it may take longer to respond to all calls.

Thank you,

Timothy L. CoatsOwner, Adonis Detail, Inc.

(760) 815-5933

www.adonisdetail.com

2332 La Mirada Drive. Suite. 400 Vista, CA 92081

Please note: thanks to the overwhelming responses, the current lead-time is about 30-45 days out. Please book your appointment in advance of delivery date if possible.

I live in Temecula and work in Oceanside, so I will contact you so look at paint correction and ceramic coating (and possibly front clear bra). I wont be able to do any of this stuff till the wife gets her new ride as well as im getting a stink eye about spending money on new car stuff without her having hers right now.

(lol)