TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Any problems for EMF sensitive people?

Discussion in 'Energy, Environment, and Policy' started by KKH1, May 28, 2013.

1. KKH1

KKH1 Member

I was wondering if anyone with a Model S is sensitive to EMF and can comment on whether or not the S is problematic for them (EMF-wise, of course).

2. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

If you search on 'EMF', you'll find a lot of information already ... here's a good starting place: EMF Radiation

3. Kaivball

Kaivball Member

A good friend of mine really wanted to have the S.

He drove the car at Menlo Park and would have taken a "floor model" the same day. Unfortunately, he developed too much of a headache and you really can't turn the 3G off.

Sadly he passed...

4. nwdiver

nwdiver Active Member

You should have just convinced him that it was off... his headache would have gone away.

5. HVM

HVM Savolainen

Kleines Bild Johannes Gutenberg-University's study of EMF-scare

"The nocebo effect: media reports may trigger symptoms of a disease

Expectation of negative effects can increase likelihood of experiencing symptoms / Media needs to be more responsible when warning about health risks."

6. Raffy.Roma

Raffy.Roma Active Member

#6 Raffy.Roma, Jun 5, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2013
    The power of the electromagnetic field radiated by any source attenuates with the inverse of the square of the distance. Since I suppose that the 3G electromagnetic field is radiated with a power less than 2 W (as every mobile phone at least here in Italy) I think that it shouldn't give any effect to human beings.

7. montgom626

montgom626 Active Member

Lol

8. Johan

Johan Took a TSLA bear test. Came back negative.

He died you mean?

9. 100thMonkey

100thMonkey Member

I have had issues with cell phones, particularly the early ones and headaches. I am also sensitive to very high pitched sounds. I have not noticed any issues whatsoever with driving the model S. ... my neck gets a little sore, but that's from punching the "gas", ;~).

10. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

I can hear high pitched sounds well above what most people can, so I feel your pain on that front. I used to hate it when stores had cheap tube TV anti-theft monitors, because the screams of their horizontal flyback transformers were like nails on chalkboard to me. Fortunately no one uses those things anymore.

I wouldn't be surprised if the early phones were making some high pitched noise.

11. Kaivball

Kaivball Member

Passed on the car, not passed away.

:)