TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Any reason I can't install HEPA in a refreshed S?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by calisnow, Mar 22, 2017.

Tags:
  1. calisnow

calisnow Banned

If I can get my hands on a HEPA is there any reason you know of that I couldn't install it in a refreshed S? The X has the retrofit kit - we could not get biohazard without Tesla's cooperation but as for the filter itself, it should work yeah?

2. croman

croman Active Member

It only activates through software. Not sure it will do you any good without Tesla but I'm not an expert.

3. Saghost

Saghost Active Member

Assuming the housing is there, it should work. You won't get bioweapon mode, of course, but you'll be better off than before. I'm also not sure what, if anything is in the secondary filter location where the Bioweapon equipped cars have the pair of activated carbon filter layers.

4. redapex

redapex Member

The housing is definitely there, and I wanted to do that myself last month. The folks at the service center told me that they can sell me the filter, but it work properly. The problem is that the filter would be loose and move around because there's no retrofit kit (to keep the filter in place) for Model S. Tesla only provides the necessary hardware for Model X at this time...

5. Saghost

Saghost Active Member

You'd probably have to get the filter and pull the car apart to figure out exactly what this means. Most likely something could be improvised, if necessary...

• Like x 1
  6. ShockOnT

ShockOnT ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

I'm waiting for this as well. Got very excited when I saw it for the X. Hurry up Tesla!

7. calisnow

calisnow Banned

Interesting - so if you could get your hands on the complete retrofit kit for the X - will it fit the S?

• Like x 1
  8. redapex

redapex Member

According to the folks at the Service Center, they are not even doing the retrofit for Model X anymore (hopefully it'
    s only temporary). And the housing for S seems to be quite different..