TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Any reason to reserve model y?

Discussion in 'Model Y' started by zedpol, Jul 4, 2019.

1. zedpol

zedpol Member

I can't think of any great reason to reserve the model Y. If I don't reserve I probably will get the car a few months later than someone that does reserve it. I guess the price could go up a little bit, but then again the price could go down too.

They aren't even building the car yet so much could change,
    Car could be delayed
    options could change
    The Y could end up being terrible (doubt it)
    initial run could have production problems like we saw with the 3.

Anywho, I'm not trying to be negative so I won't keep the list going, rather I'll reiterate my question. Any reason to reserve the model y that I'm not thinking of?

thanks,
    e

2. zedpol

zedpol Member

I found a part of this forum that I hadn't seen before that answered my question. I don't see how to delete my post, if any mods want to delete my post I wouldn't be offended!

thanks,
    e

3. rembaz

rembaz Member

Same here. I will buy it after they will sell first batches to people who cannot wait.

First year they always test the cars on customers. Every car producer, not only Tesla.

• Like x 2
  4. Billyk24

Billyk24 Member

Here is another viewpoint: If you pre-order a lower cost model, will Tesla start production with the higher cost models making you wait even longer? Didn't this happen with the model 3? I need a taller version of the Model 3 and a full hatchback opening for my lifestyle and needs. The Model X is too pricey.

5. rembaz

rembaz Member

Is Tesla selling lower cost Model Y? Nope.