TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Any recent CA owners apply for the $2,500 CVRP rebate?

Discussion in 'California' started by wamochi, May 19, 2014.

1. wamochi

wamochi Member

just wanted to see if any recent CA owners (April or May deliveries) have applied for the CVRP and what response, if any, you have received?

i know they removed that as an incentive on Tesla's website, but anything i have read on the program insinuates the funding is still available right now. we are expecting delivery on June 20, and wonder if our $2,500 is in jeopardy :crying: they used to have a real time funding pie chart but it has since disappeared ... all it says now is that any applications received after 3/28/14 will receive their rebate in September 2014.

2. astrotoy

astrotoy Member

I remember that when the fund has run out of money in the past, the legislature has appropriated more money. However, since we are near the end of the fiscal year, the appropriation would be coming from the 2014-15 budget, so won't be available to spend until the fall. People who apply during the time when there is no money in the fund get to be first in line for the funds when they are replenished That seems consistent with what is stated.

3. GoBlue88

GoBlue88 Member

Taking delivery in 10 days so I am about to find out. Last I heard, the program was funded at least through June 30th.

4. JonathanD

JonathanD Member

Can you apply for this incentive immediately or do you have to wait until tax time next year?

5. MikeC

MikeC Active Member

Immediately, you get a check for $2500.

6. wamochi

wamochi Member

Ok great - thanks! Keep us posted!

7. USCjon

USCjon Member

I am placing my Tesla MS order end of this month. Does that mean the rebate no longer exist? :(

8. Burt Court

Burt Court Member

I applied as soon as I got DMV documentation, got a letter back, missed the window by a day or so, and check is promised at end of next quarter. Hope Jerry doesn't spend all my rebate before its due.

9. jkliu47

jkliu47 Member

Was late in applying 4/5/14; got approved 4/28; and current status is - "will receive rebate check in September".

10. USCjon

USCjon Member

Burt, did you order a 60kw or 85kw? When I order a 60 kw by the end of the month. Will I still be able to get the rebate?

11. David99

David99 Active Member

I got mine 8 weeks ago and sent the form in right away. I got a notice that it was accepted but they won't send out checks until September. It's not a tax return, it's just the $2500 you get back, no matter what.

12. USCjon

USCjon Member

David, Tesla website took that incentive off it's website. If I order At the end of this month. Will I still be able to that rebate?

13. David99

David99 Active Member

I honestly don't know. I would assume you'd be out of luck at the moment. But then I heard this situation happened a few times and the government of California always renewed the program. But I really don't know.

14. USCjon

USCjon Member

Thanks, Dave.

Man. I am really bummed.

15. Burt Court

Burt Court Member

USCjon, I ordered a S85 and wish I had done the P85, but I'm over it now. Haven't seen any reason you won't get your check for $2500 unless Jerry runs out.

Hoping to post some pictures after I completed some mild (age appropriate) custom work via selective wrapping...

16. GoBlue88

GoBlue88 Member

I don't think you'll miss out. This is California and this is a green initiative. They'll keep funding it.

17. wamochi

wamochi Member

i hope so. the CVRP is managed through CCSE which is the same agency that does solar system rebates. i was in the same boat with our solar and didn't think we'd get anything back. to my surprise the program was refunded and we are expecting a rebate from that now too. so hopefully the new fiscal year budget will include more funding for EVs. crossing my fingers ...

it is a little weird that Tesla removed it entirely from their CA incentives rather than just state that it's subject to state funding for the new fiscal year. i wondered if they had some inside information ...

18. astrotoy

astrotoy Member

Here is the CA Energy Center website. You can still get the rebate, apply when you get your car - only you have to wait until September for the money. As many have said, it is a $2500 check, not a refund or credit on your taxes.

Clean Vehicle Rebate Project | CCSE

19. USCjon

USCjon Member

I hope this is this valid. I will order my ms. Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Great. Fingers crossed.

20. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

Moderator note: Moved thread out of Model S into California regional forum.