Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Recommendation for 3M Crystalline tint shops ? BayArea CA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
HI, So I have had in the past both My Pre Refresh Model X and a Model 3 Tinted with 3M Crystalline including windshield.

It is a huge help in terms of the heat rejecting when driving.

So Now I have 2 more vehicles which needs to get tint including windshield. S/X

I want to try a different shop for the same 3M Crystalline tint any recommendation of a shop in Bayarea ? also what did you guys pay for the tint ?

So my only complaint was the installer I used couple years back, did not feel comfortable tinting the model 3 windshield but than he did Model X windshield. Which came out ok.

However there was a slight haze on the windshield afterwards...

Thank you!

I went here in Santa Clara for my last 3 cars and it was a clean install. They work on all sorts of cars and lots of Teslas.

Quality Auto Glass & Tint
What kind of film did you go with. was it Crystalline ? Also if you don't mind can you please share what you paid for the tint and any pics ?

Reactions: DimaCA
I went with 40% Crystalline all the way around - all side windows and rear window. Did not tint windshield or roof. I think it was around $650 cash and got a discount due to repeat customer. I also had the car ceramic coated for around $1000.

Attachments

• 20220507_104057.jpg
    20220507_104057.jpg
    456.3 KB · Views: 243
  • Love
Reactions: 127.0.0.0
Also I think the haze is something with the tint itself as in certain lighting it does give off that haze across all my cars including other friends vehicles that weren't done by the same installer.
Interesting, I did spoke to 3M Pro Dealer, They said haze could be because of heating treatment wasn't done properly and thats why it was there but again I have no idea if or how that could be.

I am definitely thinking of going with some sort of pro dealer. there is one in Stockton Out of bay area still looking though... As I need two vehicles done including windshield and roof.

I went with 40% Crystalline all the way around - all side windows and rear window. Did not tint windshield or roof. I think it was around $650 cash and got a discount due to repeat customer. I also had the car ceramic coated for around $1000.

Man that looks amazing how it came out.